• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does Chaminda Vaas chuck?

Does Chaminda Vaas chuck?

• Yes

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 91.7%

• Total voters

DT8

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
What disturbs me are a number of media articles citing Vaas as having a "suspect" action. I'd never heard such claims until Robert Craddock named Vaas in a 7 man chuck hit list last month. The following day, the ICC denied such a list. It sounds a bit weird that a guy bowling at 120km/hr is going to chuck. So please give me your honest opinions - does he chuck or not?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It is possible to bowl at 120 km's and have a suspect action. Just take a look at Kyle Mills, although he hasn't been pulled up by the ICC thus far.

DT8

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
yeh you might be right. but my question is whether you think he chucks. Perhaps its to see the integrity of this forum more than anything :happy:

cricket player

International Debutant
if you bowl around 120 it doesnt mean that you dont chuck. i have seen vaas bowling few time's and i have also seen him bending his elbow to far.if you think bowlers chuck because they want more pace then you are wrong. i saw once vaas chucking and he swing the ball in to saeed anwar and bowled him that suggests to me that bowlers chuck because they want the ball nipped back.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
cricket player said:
if you bowl around 120 it doesnt mean that you dont chuck. i have seen vaas bowling few time's and i have also seen him bending his elbow to far.if you think bowlers chuck because they want more pace then you are wrong. i saw once vaas chucking and he swing the ball in to saeed anwar and bowled him that suggests to me that bowlers chuck because they want the ball nipped back.
Maybe your best post. Actually definetly. This is a good point, but I still don't think Vaas chucks. If someone can come up with pictures suggesting otherwise, I might change my mind.

Beleg

International Regular
He chucked as much as the next bowler, provided that next bowler wasn't Sarawan.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
i dont even think Vaas gets close to throwing and i was shocked when he was put on that "supposed list".

C_C

International Captain
Buddhmaster said:
My point is that those mentioned chuck more then everyone else. Plus Shabbir Ahmed.
an unsbustantiated claim, considering that ICC said ALL bowlers except sarwan to take part in the ICC champions trophy flex their elbows above allowable limits.
That includes McGrath,Gillespie, Pollock,ntini,harmison,Flintoff,Bradshaw,Kumble,Pathan,Vaas etc etc etc.

Beleg

International Regular
A chuck is a chuck, the degree of flexibility doesn't matter. If you cross the allowed limit, you chuck. If you don't then you don't.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
But Beleg said besides Sarwan, and I was saying that the ones I mentioned are also different cases, as their throwing is much more obvious.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
i've always thought that him and dizzy and pollock are similar bowlers, it is just that use of the wrist that sometimes (to me anyway) makes it seem as though they are bowling with a bent arm or something like that. i'm not saying that any of them periodically chuck, but because they have such good wrist actions, it makes their actions seem different to my eyes.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
No. I can see why people might think Murali, Shoaib, Lee, Harbhajan, Lawson etc chuck, I can't see why anyone thinks Vaas does.