• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does Chaminda Vaas chuck?

Does Chaminda Vaas chuck?

• Yes

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 91.7%

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The only people who can answer this are biomechanists.
We won't know unless they test him. If they don't there's as much chance of him chucking as anyone else who hasn't been tested.
Personally I've never seen anything obvious in his action so I'd say the likelihood is pretty small but the fact is we can't say for certain.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
If by 'chuck' you mean has elbow flexion during his delivery, well then yes, seeing as he's not Ramnaresh Sarwan, he 'chucks'.

But I highly doubt that it's outside the guidelines.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was talking about outside the upcoming Laws.
Obviously anyone expecting a bowler to abide by the old Laws\ideals is insane because no-one does (and just because no-one's ever noticed Sarwan flex his elbow doesn't actually mean he never does, incidentally).

DT8

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Link said:
nope. where did the curiosity come from to ask this question.
His name was included in a FoxSports report, even though the claim was denied by the ICC.