• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia 'A' named

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
mick lewis probably a bit old, you'd think. but has been very good this year.
dave hussey is interesting, only made one score for all of this year, but does seem to be able to make runs under pressure (double ton last year vs nsw, and then this year against wa)
good on damien wright, i think he thoroughly deserves his spot, has been a very good pura cup player over a long period
would have preferred mike hussey to be captain. i reckon cricket australia owes him a lot, he's played numerous aus A games and couldn't have done much more over his career to play for the national side (except maybe move to new south wales)
that team will have one very long batting line up though, with lewis being the only real bunny. bowlers white, hopes, hauritz, thornely, wright all bat very proficiently. i'm betting that they'll beat ***** (who will be competitive in the vb series) but the windies will beat them pretty convincingly.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ are supposedly on stand-by if The West Indies pull out. Personally I hope the Windies come to the party because NZ will play in the VB Series in 2006 anyway.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I read a report that the ACB would be prepared to delay the VB Series a day or 2 so that NZ could join in..or cut the amount of fixtures.

All seems a shambles to me, so here's hoping The West Indies play.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
yeh, i thought that it was only india that were available to assist if the situation became that bad, and that a few people complained that pakistan and india have played each other enough recently.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
An overload of Aus v NZ could potentially kill a very good ODI Series here in Feb/March.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is this the end for Stuey? He's not put a foot wrong in the ING Cup games this year, so I'm disappointed for him. He's twice the bowler Hauritz is.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
it'd be fair to say that andy bichel has been pretty good with ball and bat during the early part of the summer??

a few people suggested adam voges, but i think it would have been a bit rich putting him in the team after one, albeit awesome, knock

i would have liked to have seen xavier doherty, but he wasn't ever going to put hauritz or white out of the team.

maybe mark cleary would have been hoping for a game, despite poor form this year

would have thought that one of ferguson or cosgrove might have got a game, but the latter hasn't made enough runs, ferguson has done most of his good work in 4 day games, and in the end i'd guess that hussey took the spot they might have been fighting for

michael dighton has been doing alright, hasnt he? maybe another tassie player, give them their reward for a great start to the season by the team (even if bevan has been doing all the scoring, and he was never going to get picked)

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I heard India and Kenya were the only two teams available if the WI didnt come.. and they were also juggling up the idea of including Australia A... although i think thatd be unlikely, it makes the proper Australian side look bad if they lose to Australia, and more often then not, supporters barrack for Aust A...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Buddhmaster said:
I'm surprised Bracken wasn't picked.
BOOO YA! damn good post that.

hes been in cracking form so far, hes definately not too old... ah well. you rule bracken!

Mister Wright

I think it is a very good side selected by the selectors, I would have preferred Manou in there instead of Haddin (we've all seen he's crap), and I think Jimmy Maher can fell a bit miffed, considering David Hussey is one of the most over-rated players going around. I like the balance of younger players and senior players is very good.

Mister Wright

Nnanden said:
BOOO YA! damn good post that.

hes been in cracking form so far, hes definately not too old... ah well. you rule bracken!

I think it is the same case for Jimmy Maher, they have seen what they can do in the National side and would rather see them playing for their states.

Mister Wright

Crazy Sam said:
hopefully hopes's injury isn't too bad and he can play !!

He could possibly play tomorrow, so it doesn't seem like a serious injury. He should be right to play.