• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harbhajan Singh's action reported

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And now watch Singh become the next 'dirty cheat' to half the people on this forum.

andyc

lol my problem is that lots of people brand Murali a cheat even though he's been cleared before, and it's been stated that something like 90% of all other players have suspect actions as well.

Son Of Coco

andyc said:
lol my problem is that lots of people brand Murali a cheat even though he's been cleared before, and it's been stated that something like 90% of all other players have suspect actions as well.
All other players actions haven't been tested. Only those at the Champions Trophy. I think Harbajhan has had a bit of trouble with his action before, but I wouldn't say it's the ball just individual actions that are used to bowl it on occasion.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wonder if anyone's going to start questioning Saqlain's action.
Probably not, given that he's not currently in the public light. 8-)

Son Of Coco

Richard said:
Wonder if anyone's going to start questioning Saqlain's action.
Probably not, given that he's not currently in the public light. 8-)
Because he bowls the doosra!?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
They both bowl exactly the same ball - which is not remotely comparable to Murali's.
Saqlain invented it, Harbhajan copied it.

Son Of Coco

Richard said:
They both bowl exactly the same ball - which is not remotely comparable to Murali's.
Saqlain invented it, Harbhajan copied it.
As I said in the post above yours though, it's got to do with the individual action, not the ball. Well, as far as I'm concerned it does anyway. You can ban someone simply cause they bowl a ball that someone else with a suspected bad action does.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ive always questioned Harbhajan's action, hes in the sameboat as Murali imo...

Slow Love™

International Captain
Incidentally, providing it's credible, I like the fact that they seem able to do some in-game analysis as to degrees of straightening. Because the lab-testing as a process of "testing" was pretty dubious (it's useful for remedial strategies though). It must be this kind of match-day testing that McGrath was praising last month.

NikhilN

International Regular
Craig said:
Could the answer be in banning the ball all together?
That would be kinda hard to do cause people do like to use that ball and it would make a lot of people upset if they did that.