• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Pakistan be allowed to borrow batsman from other nations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahindiawah

Banned
The only way they can maintain their test status and compete with other nations is by having decent batsmen in their team who can atleast collectively put up a score of 250 +. The current batch of Pakistani batsmen are hopeless at best, and there isn't much talent in the country .As such i think club cricketers from other nation who aren't required by national team should be allowed to ply for Pakistan side.That will not only give some respectibility to Pakistan team, but will also allow them to compete to a certain extend with other nations.

wahindiawah

Banned
steds said:
that's just stupid

WHY???????????????

There are a lot of batsmen in Australia and India who are not required for national duties and they happen to be playing club/county cricket in foreign country ( S law and Kambli being few example).

If they can play county cricket for other nation, then they can certainly play cricket for Pakistan team too.

Langeveldt

Soutie
wahindiawah said:
The only way they can maintain their test status and compete with other nations is by having decent batsmen in their team who can atleast collectively put up a score of 250 +. The current batch of Pakistani batsmen are hopeless at best, and there isn't much talent in the country .As such i think club cricketers from other nation who aren't required by national team should be allowed to ply for Pakistan side.That will not only give some respectibility to Pakistan team, but will also allow them to compete to a certain extend with other nations.
Okay, ill stop taking you seriously as of now..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yep

better start lending indias batsmen to australia as well now you mention it, perhaps in exchange for a few bowlers.....

wahindiawah

Banned
Neil Pickup said:
No one is going to play for any other nations.

Stop laying flame bait.
I"M NOT LAYING FLAME BAIT!

It is a serious question, you say that noone will play for other nation, BUT there are examples of cricketers who actually did play for other nations. Infact some played for two nations in their career.

Langeveldt

Soutie
wahindiawah said:

It is a serious question, you say that noone will play for other nation, BUT there are examples of cricketers who actually did play for other nations. Infact some played for two nations in their career.
Yeah, they emigrated, through choice (Like Hicky, Kepler Wessels).. They weren't "hired"

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
wahindiawah said:

It's quite clearly not serious. It's beyond doubt that the weakest sides in International cricket are Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, and the concept of International sport is it's between nations.

Dual internationals have come from choice and/or emigration in the past, not transfers. It's a ridiculous idea and is solely aimed at riling Pakistanis.

wahindiawah

Banned
Langeveldt said:
Yeah, they emigrated, through choice (Like Hicky, Kepler Wessels).. They weren't "hired"

My point is if someone like say Vinod Kambli can play club cricket for South Africa, then why can't he play for Pakistan?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
of course nail pickup would know all abouty being ridiculed :P wasnt there some guy impersonating him on here a whil eback ?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
sledger said:
of course nail pickup would know all abouty being ridiculed :P wasnt there some guy impersonating him on here a whil eback ?
And he had the same IP address as you. Tread carefully...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
wahindiawah said:
My point is if someone like say Vinod Kambli can play club cricket for South Africa, then why can't he play for Pakistan?
Differentiate the words "for" and "in".

Langeveldt

Soutie
wahindiawah said:
Who is this "South Africa cricket club" you speak of?

Do they have a decent spinner?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
for once i agree with mr pickup, we do not often agree but in this instance i back him completely the idea of borrowing batsman is quite simply farcical

wahindiawah

Banned
Langeveldt said:
Who is this "South Africa cricket club" you speak of?

Do they have a decent spinner?
Well i don't know the name, but he did played club cricket there and was very successful.Actually Kambli was a very good batsman, someone with a test ave of 50 + , yet being overlooked by his national side.

Langeveldt

Soutie
wahindiawah said:
Well i don't know the name, but he did played club cricket there and was very successful.Actually Kambli was a very good batsman, someone with a test ave of 50 + , yet being overlooked by his national side.
He played for Kwazulu Natal I think...

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the South African side, so he could never play for them (unless he emigrated there and spent 5 years there)..

Status
Not open for further replies.