• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player's Heights

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I know we had a thread once asking who are the tallest and shortest players, but I was wondering if anyone knows how I could find out how tall some of the current players are?

Swervy

International Captain
age_master said:
a few of the NSW boys are pretty tall - Mail, Thornley, Bracken are all 195cm or more
damn I cant work with heights in cm's..needs to be in feet and inches :D

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
couldn't believe how tall chris harris was when i saw him play recently. he's almost as tall as the nz fast bowlers (mills, cairns, etc.)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
couldn't believe how tall chris harris was when i saw him play recently. he's almost as tall as the nz fast bowlers (mills, cairns, etc.)
he didnt look that tall to me

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Oram, Cairns & Fleming are fairly imposing. But wait until you see Peter Fulton.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
i think fulton and oram are the same height about 6ft6 / 198-199cm.
shortest in the nz team i think it might be marshall, not to sure on that though.

cricket player

International Debutant
Tim said:
From NZ, Brendon McCullum is very short...Hamish Marshall too.
being tall or being short does it matter or it does? i know for sure being tall and being a ball is alot of help like mcgrath kasporwiz are really tall and they are the best bowler's so how does it help you being tall and being a fast bowler any suggestion because i am tall and i want to be a batsman rather being a bowler.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
being tall or being short does it matter or it does? i know for sure being tall and being a ball is alot of help like mcgrath kasporwiz are really tall and they are the best bowler's so how does it help you being tall and being a fast bowler any suggestion because i am tall and i want to be a batsman rather being a bowler.
and ur from usa? Being tall and a pace bowler gives u that extra bounce and nip

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cricket player said:
Yet, by the same token, one of the best bowlers of all time (certainly better than ANY current bowler) was one Malcolm Denzil Marshall...

cricket player

International Debutant
GoT_SpIn said:
and ur from usa? Being tall and a pace bowler gives u that extra bounce and nip
what about batting does it really matter if you are tall are short.most of the player's example sehwag tendulkar etc are short and they are the best batsman alive.

Langeveldt

Soutie
cricket player said:
what about batting does it really matter if you are tall are short.most of the player's example sehwag tendulkar etc are short and they are the best batsman alive.
Being short helps because you can get underneath the short ball, some of the best hookers and pullers are short.. It also means you can move around the crease slightly more quickly..

Im quite tall 6'2 ish, I find that its good being able to drive good length balls with a good stride in, but the downside is that yorkers are harder to dig out, and short balls tend to go for you instead of over you...

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Im only average so i wouldnt no, but i can hook and pull alot

edit: im left handed so that helps

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
michael papps is also tiny him mcCullum and marshall r about the same they r bout mi height and im about 167cm if dat helps at all

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Brett Dorey for WA is 6'9 - One of the taller players on the Aus domestic scene.

Justin Langer is 178cm, Damien Martyn 181cm.

Shortest in WA lineup is Scarborough player Liam 'wee-man' Davis, who is all of 165cm tall :lol: