• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite 100's

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
What are your favourite 100's scored in a test match.

Mine would be some of mark waughs though he never went on with it- ie his top score is 153

Hoggy31

International Captain
Gilchrist's 204 not out against South Africa, he was just smashing the ball to all parts.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even though it basically lost us the series, Laxman's double century in Kolkota against the Aussies was amazing.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Nedved's Fan said:
Brian Lara 153* vs Australia in 1998/99
Nothing beats that in tests. I do rate Inzamam's knock vs India in the ODI in Pakistan higher than the test inning but only just.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Goochie's 333 was pretty special. I was so gutted he didn't go on to beat Sobers's record tho.

Mark Butcher's 174* in the 4th Ashes test in 2001 was a great knock too. I, for one, didn't think he had in in him. Although credit to Gilly for a sporting declaration to set it up too.

Without wishing this to sound too much like sour grapes, I note both Lara's big 'uns against us were made in drawn matches! :D

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
graham thorpes against the kiwis to win one of the tests whilst batting with giles was a good one, although perhaps not a favourite it was certaily a great effort

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
BoyBrumby said:
Without wishing this to sound too much like sour grapes, I note both Lara's big 'uns against us were made in drawn matches! :D
Lara has made some very good ones in match winners and dont sound Pontisque.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
My two favourites are Gilly's 204, great strokeplay, and Laxman's big double against the Aussies. That was just brilliant.

tooextracool

International Coach
steve waugh's 102 in sydney, hussains 106 in NZ, thorpes 119 in barbados, asanka gurusinha's 117 against NZ in sharjah and bevans 180 odd in that asia vs rest of world XI game.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
BlackCap_Fan said:
Nathan Astle's 222 Vs England. Off 179 balls I believe, with the 200 off 153 balls. He really mauled them.

Yes fastest double century of all time. Certainly my favourite.