• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite 100's

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tugga's ton against england to save his test spot for sure for mine!.... not a dry eye in the house,lol... magical, perfect.... storybook

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Laras 100 off 82 balls against the aussies in the final test of the 99 series, when he hit dale and mcgill out of the attack in successive overs.

Also laras 277 against the aussies at adelaide 92. Such a beautiful innings.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:
Yes, they still lost comfortably and therefore the innings meant nothing.

The huge target meant he was under no pressure.
Yeah fair enough that there was no pressure when he came out but still it was awesome to watch. You have to admit it was pretty crazy. He was smashing it everywhere. Just because ther was no pressure doesn't mean that it can't be my favourite innings. And after watching the DVD of that innings where there are a few comments from Astle it leads me to believe he was under pressure because he felt that they were in a position to genuinely win the test. They only fell about 80 short.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Slow Love™ said:
And then Gilly's 204 not out in Johannesburg in '02. Insane hitting, and it was just so wonderful to see the test championship pretenders put to the sword.

I nearly rated that as a worse sporting low than the WC99 semi final debacle.. AAD flat out on the deck in agony, his last bowl in tests, the pain of seeing a king go out like that.. Gillie plundered like a madman, quality knock..

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
I think many of Gilchrist's "forgotten knocks" (Sydney with Tugga, Bangalore with Clarke, Brisbane with Clarke, Perth with Hayden) were gems.

Although Lara's 153* and Ponting's 140* were special to watch.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I forgot one in my earlier post:

Chris Cairn's century against South Africa in the VB series (2001/02). New Zealand were 4-73 when he cam to the wicket, chasing 245. He comes in, smacks 101 off 99 balls, with 3 sixes and 9 fours. Excellent century and excellent game.

Deja moo

International Captain
Laxmans 281.

They recently showed a video of Tendulkars century in Perth 91(?)....the shots he played....must be his best century ever in terms of the pitch, attack and quality of shots...and he was just 19.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Pity about the lack of pressure making it meaningless.
Ok, so I take Nathan Astle and put Andrew Flintoff in that identical situation, could we then say that?

I don't think any double ton is meaningless, unless in it was against 3rd rate opposition.

Craig

World Traveller
For one of my favourite hundreds was Hayden's 100 against Pakistan in Sharjah in that oppersive heat.

My favourite ODI innings is Stephen Fleming's hundred against South Africa in the 2003 World Cup. If ever a captain's innings was required, that was it. I have never seen Fleming play before with that dominance or since probably. That was a brilliant innings. As it helped get us into the the Super Sixes. Other then that there have been some great Chris Cairns hundreds that I have enjoyed.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah fair enough that there was no pressure to hit the runs Marc. But you've still got to hit the ball & it's not like the English bowlers suddenly turned into the Bangladeshi attack.

Even if England had lost interest, it's still an international match & if you've played high level cricket (which I don't believe you have) then you don't know what it's like to try and smash every ball to the boundary.

Isn't it like me suggesting Harmison's bowling against NZ in the 3rd test in England was irrelevant because NZ by then were a total shambles & had turned their attention to the ODI's?

Deja moo

International Captain
Craig said:
My favourite ODI innings is Stephen Fleming's hundred against South Africa in the 2003 World Cup. If ever a captain's innings was required, that was it. I have never seen Fleming play before with that dominance or since probably. That was a brilliant innings. As it helped get us into the the Super Sixes. .
Marvan Atapattus hundred vs SA a few days later was so strikingly similar. Both innings are on par for me.

Craig

World Traveller
I guess the most enjoyable ton went to John Davison. I couldn't believe my eyes seeing him tee off like that.

Majin

International Debutant
Butchers 173* against the Aussies and Dravid's 233 also against the Aus are mine.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Even though he didnt quite get the ton' steve waughs 80 at the scg in his last test match ever was memoriable occasion, particulary as i was there

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
ONE DAYERS

saeed anwar's 194 against india in india
ijaz ahmed's 130 odd against india
afridi's fastest hundred 102
andrew symonds against pakistan in the world cup

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Craig said:
Ok, so I take Nathan Astle and put Andrew Flintoff in that identical situation, could we then say that?

I don't think any double ton is meaningless, unless in it was against 3rd rate opposition.
Especially in a thread designed for people to name their favourite 100s. Pressure or not is irrelevant when people are talking about enjoyment.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
Isn't it like me suggesting Harmison's bowling against NZ in the 3rd test in England was irrelevant because NZ by then were a total shambles & had turned their attention to the ODI's?

Well, it was his worst performance of the series wasn't it? ;)