• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite 100's

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
steve waugh's 102 in sydney, hussains 106 in NZ, thorpes 119 in barbados, asanka gurusinha's 117 against NZ in sharjah and bevans 180 odd in that asia vs rest of world XI game.
yeah i forgot steve waughs century in sydney to save his test spot, absolutly magical

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Not too many people think about Astles double tonne do they. Bet if the record wasn't broken then many would pick Gilchrists double hundred as one of their best.

Fleming's 174* v muralli - he just couldn't get him. Brilliant. Flem's 134* v SA at the world cup.

For a laugh - Riggors hundred on the sub continent. He had cramp and kept playing the sweep. Classic.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
meaningless? lacking pressure? Don't think any bowler would like to be carted around like that. They were in no position to lose the test. So I would imagine once they knew Astle would attack at anything they would either try being defensive or attack him completely, either way, he connected so well for such a long time that he destroyed their bowling. Meaningless in the context of the game? Perhaps. Classless? Wait till someone else does it mate.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard Rash said:
Yes fastest double century of all time. Certainly my favourite.
yeah that would be up there with my favourites..some of the cleanest hitting you would ever want to see and against a bowling attack that wasnt bowling too badly either

Slow Love™

International Captain
Steve Waugh's 200 to finally crack the West Indians' dominance in Kingston, in 1995. One of the greatest battle of wills ever, and he walked away with the victory.

And then Gilly's 204 not out in Johannesburg in '02. Insane hitting, and it was just so wonderful to see the test championship pretenders put to the sword.

Link

State Vice-Captain
Vaughan's 177 at Adelaide against Aus
But Hayden's 380 was seriously good. Not just because of the amount of runs he scored, but of the brutal nature of it and the speed.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Yes, they still lost comfortably and therefore the innings meant nothing.

The huge target meant he was under no pressure.
Until you claim to have been Nathan Astle then I don't think you can suggest he was under no pressure.

Even though they lost - he still holds the record for fasted double century. And I'm sure there have been plenty of opportunites for cricketers to score faster double hundreds throughout the history of cricket. Just so happens no one has.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Link said:
Vaughan's 177 at Adelaide against Aus
But Hayden's 380 was seriously good. Not just because of the amount of runs he scored, but of the brutal nature of it and the speed.
Come on against zimbabwae ( spelling :S), not the most talented bowling attack at the moment

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Laxman's 281 in 2001 against Aussies has no equals from innings I have seen live. Followed by his 167 in the last test at Sydney on his first tour.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Laxman's 281 was magical. Even as an Aussie supporter I was utterly mesmorised by how he changed the course of the game and series.

His 167 at Sydney I was lucky enough to see live, but the Calcutta innings is absolutely unforgettable and supreme.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
duffer said:
Laxman's 281 was magical. Even as an Aussie supporter I was utterly mesmorised by how he changed the course of the game and series.

His 167 at Sydney I was lucky enough to see live, but the Calcutta innings is absolutely unforgettable and supreme.
Those Laxman innings killed me,

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
These are from the top of my head, reading this thread has made me remember more and more.

In terms of test matches, Laxman's 281 in Kolkata and Dravid's 233 in Adelaide are personal favourites as an Indian cricket fan.

From an unbiased viewpoint, Martyn's 100 in Chennai was amazing. Lara's knock
I also loved Tendulkar's knock in Melbourne in the 1999/2000 series. Despite Australia mauling India, it was a brilliant innings. Lara's 153 against Australia in 1998/1999 was also awesome.

With ODIs, I absolutely loved Laxman's 100 at the Gabba against Australia. Scoring the 100 on the last ball of the innings was great, and it sparked a tremendous summer of ODI batting from the man. Symond's 140 something against Pakistan in the World Cup was amazing. I truly thought Australia were gone when he just stepped up and smashed Akram, Akhtar and Waqar. Inzy's knock earlier this year against India in Pakistan was also brilliant.

Last edited:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
When did Inzy play Pakistan? When his friends across the border lured him over with an invitation to a very "non-confrontational, completely harmless Chicken pot-pie-athon"?

Hodgo7

School Boy/Girl Captain
Favourite tons

Steve Waugh got one in the Caribean against the West Indies when Curtly was at his best. It was depicted in a photo of Steve Waugh standing up to Curtly and the Windies captain, Richardson, trying to drag him away from Waugh. Memorable century...