• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Interesting standards with the code of conduct

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Slow Love™ said:
Sure - I guess I was just referring to it in the context of consistency of official standards. While I acknowledge your (later) point about international differences, and how what constitutes an offence to some may not to others (which is actually a really good point in general terms), it still leaves a massive hole of logic as to how that could apply to say, the Akhtar penalty, or Williams getting off.. McGrath/Sarwan, etc... Then you've got the confusingly differing standards for over-rates, over-appealing, etc, which can't/shouldn't be explained by varying cultural standards.
The ones you mentioned (over rates etc) should IMO receive universal and rigid standards, with no compromises.

However, sledging and general carrying-on is a far more difficult matter to gauge and treat accordingly, as players take offense to different things.

C_C

International Captain
This is where apples are being compared to apples.

"Akhtar pointing towards the dressing room after getting Matty Frankenstien is worthy of a 40% match fee deduction.
But Brad Williams giving a worse sendoff to Ganguly ( screamed in his face like a hooligan and then pointed towards the dressing room) is a scot-free incident."
and how exactly is it apples to oranges, O great one ?
care to point it out ?
Brad Williams incident - a real fired up 'YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH' right in the face of ganguly while eyeballing him and savagely pointing towards the dressing room.

Akhtar incident- a real fired up 'YEAAAAAAAAAH' whilst not eyeballing Hayden and multiple pointings towards the dressing room.

Result- Akhtar docked 40% of his match fee and Williams going scot free.
clearly inconsistent.

Disregard everything and continue the self pity crusade.

I really cant be bothered.
i bet thats what you said towards the aboriginies and the african-americans when they were 'crusading' for human rights too, eh ?
Wouldnt surprise me.

stop trying to create controversy when there is none. you forgot to mention brndon mccullum and scott styris being charged for desent after the 2nd odi. they got off but to even have been charged was a disgrace. but of course thos eplayers are white so if you birng that up it would end ur rcist argument. get a ****n life mate
indeed. McCallum and Scott Styris fits in to the picture as well. Apologies for overlooking that.
However, if you use the brain given to you, i didnt make it into a RACE issue. I didnt make it into a white vs non white/ white vs brown/ green vs grey issue.
I categorically commented on the 'aussies vs the rest' issue- ie, where there are numerous inconsistencies pointing out that aussie cricketers/authorities get off far too easily for the same/worse crimes others are accused of on field and how they whinge when things dont go their way.So i dont see where 'race' enters the picture here. To my knowledge, aussies arnt the only 'white' folks playing cricket.
If there is anyone racist in this argument, its you mate, for seeing racism when none was said/implied.

and Slow Love- i think the pitch comparison is a fair one.
Both were extremely low scoring encounters over before the third day of play.
and a newbie part time spinner taking a six-fer is irrelevant as other part time bowlers have taken big hauls too- remember one Allan Border or Tendulkar in that ODI vs AUS ?

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
and how exactly is it apples to oranges, O great one ?
care to point it out ?
Brad Williams incident - a real fired up 'YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH' right in the face of ganguly while eyeballing him and savagely pointing towards the dressing room.

Akhtar incident- a real fired up 'YEAAAAAAAAAH' whilst not eyeballing Hayden and multiple pointings towards the dressing room.

Result- Akhtar docked 40% of his match fee and Williams going scot free.
clearly inconsistent.

i bet thats what you said towards the aboriginies and the african-americans when they were 'crusading' for human rights too, eh ?
Wouldnt surprise me.

indeed. McCallum and Scott Styris fits in to the picture as well. Apologies for overlooking that.
However, if you use the brain given to you, i didnt make it into a RACE issue. I didnt make it into a white vs non white/ white vs brown/ green vs grey issue.
I categorically commented on the 'aussies vs the rest' issue- ie, where there are numerous inconsistencies pointing out that aussie cricketers/authorities get off far too easily for the same/worse crimes others are accused of on field and how they whinge when things dont go their way.So i dont see where 'race' enters the picture here. To my knowledge, aussies arnt the only 'white' folks playing cricket.
If there is anyone racist in this argument, its you mate, for seeing racism when none was said/implied.

and Slow Love- i think the pitch comparison is a fair one.
Both were extremely low scoring encounters over before the third day of play.
and a newbie part time spinner taking a six-fer is irrelevant as other part time bowlers have taken big hauls too- remember one Allan Border or Tendulkar in that ODI vs AUS ?

Your just spewing beause Australia are on the rampage again. Everytime Australia start winning C_C comes out with some anti-Australian ********. Grow up and try to beat us in cricket and stop crying and complaining about everything else.

Plus I think you are ****ed off with Langer getting all these runs. (I know how much it irks you that Langer is a world class player)

C_C

International Captain
Your just spewing beause Australia are on the rampage again. Everytime Australia start winning C_C comes out with some anti-Australian ********. Grow up and try to beat us in cricket and stop crying and complaining about everything else.
what a brilliantly constructed piece of argument based on such logical and sound debating on the thoughts i've presented.
You awe me with your intelligence and knowledge- NOT.

You can take your insecure 'attacking australia' attitude elsewhere and shove it down someone else's throat.
For all this whinging and personal attacks when presented a particular argument just shows one thing- You are insecure and i am squeezing a sensetive spot.
Well...sux to be you!

As per beating you guys in Cricket, the last 15 tests vs IND and AUS have yeilded 7 wins for IND....thats running you ragged allright.
And we've won the past 3 of 5 border-gavaskar trophy.
Thats beating you in series terms allright.

Oh and i aint ****ed off that Langer is scoring runs.I am beyond those kinda pettiness....perhaps thats your upbringing and mental makeup- not mine.
For i dont begrudge anyone of the stunning heights of glory.
And bear in mind that i agree with you when you say he is a worldclass batsman.
I didnt agree with great as its a term i reserve for batsmen of far superior callibre- the tendulkars,laras,pontings,Haydens and dravids of this era.

Rest are ALL worldclass/good/mediocre/****-poor.

Also bear in mind that my comment on Langer was based on his accomplishments SO FAR.
One or two innings dont change a thing but it bears reason to say that Langer CAN end up great by the time he has hung up his shoes or can end up as mediocre- applies to all players barring lara and tendulkar, who've achieved too much already to fall down to mediocrity.

Next time, try engaging your insignificant brain on the issues presented instead of having the paranoid and delusionary attitude of 'OZ can do no wrong and he is attacking us-waaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaah waaaaaah'.

Either do that or stfu. Kapische ?

All your childish tantrums and failure to debate an argument based on the points presented further reinforces your unofficial status as the whinging fanatic of this board- a reputation endorsed by quiete a few members here.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Everything you said other than the pitches is 100% correct. I'm not getting into the pitch issue, but how Brad Williams got away with being an absolute idiot (and forcing the world to see his fat disgusting head going red) is beyond me.

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
As per beating you guys in Cricket, the last 15 tests vs IND and AUS have yeilded 7 wins for IND....thats running you ragged allright.
And we've won the past 3 of 5 border-gavaskar trophy.
Thats beating you in series terms allright.

So you are still all upset at being beaten at home by the Aussies. Never mind India might beat us next time.

:D :D :D

C_C

International Captain
So you are still all upset at being beaten at home by the Aussies. Never mind India might beat us next time.
go on bwoy...live up to yer billing of a fanatic aussie!
OI OI OI!
8-) 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
C_C said:
Mumbai square turner was a monster of a pitch worth all the whinging. ( 605 runs for 40 wickets,match decieded with just over 2 full days of play).

But Perth 98 was a hardfought match ( 607 runs for 33 wickets, match decieded with just over 2 full days of play).
It's pretty simple - when the opposition players are better in the conditions it's "the pitch favoured them".
When you get flat pitches - which favour the Australians - it's "the Australian players are better".