• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Under rated Aussie player

Most under rated Aussie

• Langer

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Hayden

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Ponting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martyn

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Lehmann

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Clarke

• Gilchrist

• Warne

• Gillespie

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Kaspa

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • McGrath

• Lee

• Katich

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Symonds

• Watson

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

bryce

International Regular
tooextracool said:
and it proves so conclusively that he isnt a flat track/poor bowling bully doesnt it?
even though i don't give a rats ass who is/is not a flat track bully because i'm sick of that argument, i was just saying you cannot write it off because of the flat track/crap attack whatever because no one else came close to matching that, i don't like hayden anyway lol

tooextracool

International Coach
bryce said:
even though i don't give a rats ass who is/is not a flat track bully because i'm sick of that argument, i was just saying you cannot write it off because of the flat track/crap attack whatever because no one else came close to matching that, i don't like hayden anyway lol
i didnt, someone else brought it up to prove my theory wrong and i just argued against it. i didnt devalue his knock or say that he didnt deserve it or anything of the sort.

bryce

International Regular
well i did assume the entire original post was done in sarcasm since you called the zimbabwe attack 'mighty'

DT8

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hayden seems to give me the impression that he is more form than class. This is changing though. I think Martyn is fairly under rated, perhaps because he can't dismantle the bowling attack in the same way some of the others can.

bryce

International Regular
....which gave me(and others) the impression that you thought hayden's 380 was no great achievement

tooextracool

International Coach
it was,well its not as great as scoring against better opposition like lara did but its still requires something to bat that long. but it doesnt refute my point that he cant bat on pitches that offer something for the pace bowlers, which incidentally is all i was saying.

bryce

International Regular
ok then, makes me wonder why you made the original comment in the first place if that's the only message you were trying to get through, anyway point taken

tooextracool

International Coach
the original comment was made to indicate that scoring against a zimbabwe side doesnt prove my theory about hayden wrong, which was the point that the person was arguing against.

bryce

International Regular
actually you said that 'it wasn't suprising that he failed in perth' and Mr Casson was mentioning that he had scored 380 at perth not too long ago to emphasise that he had scored runs there before in the past, anyway i agree with you anyway about him struggling on pace-friendly tracks - it will be interesting to see how he goes in new zealand next year

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
tooextracool said:
oh really? remind me what hayden did in england last time?
Lets not forget he was opening with that brain explosion partner called Michael Slater. As soon as they replaced him with Langer the runs started to come.

I really looking forward to the coming Ashes series. It should be a real constest - until about lunch on the first day. :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
mavric41 said:
I really looking forward to the coming Ashes series. It should be a real constest - until about lunch on the first day. :D
Is rain scheduled?

tooextracool

International Coach
mavric41 said:
Lets not forget he was opening with that brain explosion partner called Michael Slater. As soon as they replaced him with Langer the runs started to come.
thats hardly an excuse for failure though and since then he still has had problems on wickets that offer something for the pace bowlers.