• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

how long before south africa recall boucher?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
cant come soon enough i say, bad idea to drop him in the first place.
his replacemnet is not upto the job and considering everyone was in awe of boucher when SA toured englad last year .........

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wouldn't quite go so far as to say everyone was in awe of him - he was as much at fault as the rest of the batsmen for the Fifth Test defeat.
If AB De Villiers grabs his chance as a batsman I can't help wondering how long it might be before people start realising the possibility of him keeping wicket.
Of course, Boucher is infinately preferable to Tselokile and I think most people know it...

Langeveldt

Soutie
When will "previously disadvantaged" guys stop being fast tracked into positions everywhere in South Africa? That question is the answer to your question...

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
i can't see why tsolekile is being selected above boucher
i know the selectors probably have their reasons but i can't see any good ones

Langeveldt

Soutie
The Baconator said:
i can't see why tsolekile is being selected above boucher
i know the selectors probably have their reasons but i can't see any good ones
Is colour of skin a good enough reason?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
silly that politics can dominate sport in this way and sporting policies are seemingly abandonded.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
When they can find another half-decent black player to replace Tsolekile is likely to be the answer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
sledger said:
silly that politics can dominate sport in this way and sporting policies are seemingly abandonded.
Politics dominates everything.
Sadly, without politics we are nothing.
Sport, though, is almost invariably less enjoyable when politics doesn't interfere.
But anyone saying sport and politics don't mix is naive in the extreme.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
When they can find another half-decent black player to replace Tsolekile is likely to be the answer.
No - if he fails in the first 2 Tests of this series I can't see him being picked again even if no-one else black can come in.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Richard said:
No - if he fails in the first 2 Tests of this series I can't see him being picked again even if no-one else black can come in.
When was the last time SA picked a side without three players classed as coloured?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
When was the last time SA picked a side without three players classed as coloured?
Dono.
We could always hope for Paul Adams, I suppose...
(joke, BTW)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I did a bit of research a bit ago into it and couldn't find one (remembering that Hall and Gibbs are coloured).

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
I did a bit of research a bit ago into it and couldn't find one (remembering that Hall and Gibbs are coloured).
How is Hall coloured? Is he like 1/8th cape coloured or something?

shaka

International Regular
Boucher is a great player and should still be in the SA team, if they didnt drop him before Jennings came in, does Jennings have a problem with having boucher there?

Langeveldt

Soutie
shaka said:
Boucher is a great player and should still be in the SA team, if they didnt drop him before Jennings came in, does Jennings have a problem with having boucher there?
He's probably under pressure from other areas.. Anyway, I hope we see Mark make a quick return.