• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian A

Blewett

Cricket Spectator
Does anyone no when they will annouced the Australian A cricket side for this. And do u think Greg Blewett will be in the side

shaka

International Regular
I would prefer to go with youngsters, Blewitt is getting on in his career, and I doubt Australia would consider picking him for the national team again. But good luck to him if he is picked.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
i'd say his no chance as he hasnt performed good enough and has been out injured.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Jnr. said:
Wasn't the Australia A side last year virtually a Under 25 side?
The OD side was, yes. The FC side was comprised of such luminaries as Martin Love and Brad Hodge, I think. Maybe even Elliot.

brockley

International Captain
They have gone for an under 25 side for Australia A games.
Expect north,cosgrove,thornley,voges,tait,cleary,hauritz to be in the mix.
Has jacques done anything in one dayers this season.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have a feeling the selectors might go with a mix of youth & established players.

The first class side should have the usual suspects.

I think even if Blewett were in his mid-twenties he'd get overlooked, he hasn't been performing that well.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
\
I think even if Blewett were in his mid-twenties he'd get overlooked, he hasn't been performing that well.
What has been his average and stats this season?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tim said:
Which is exactly what they should do.
Agreed. The best prospective players for the Australian side should make the XI. It has nothing to do with age. Else players like Lehmann or Ridley Jacobs would never have achieved what they did in their careers.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Agreed. The best prospective players for the Australian side should make the XI. It has nothing to do with age. Else players like Lehmann or Ridley Jacobs would never have achieved what they did in their careers.
Yeah age shouldnt matter, as long as you are peforming well there is no reason why u shouldnt be in the team, either aus a or aus