• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Englands Kick

Hobbsy

Cricket Spectator
England in South Africa

Best thing that could have happened is England getting beaten in the S.A"A" game...! kick up the **** for our world class side, ready to start closing the gap with the Aussies before leap frogging into Number one spot when we win back the Ashes next summer....COME ON ENGLAND...!!

Camel56

Banned
Langeveldt said:
How are things in cloud cukoo land?

lol langeveldt.
Yes England are improving but to win back the ashes they will need to wait until the likes of Warne, McGrath, Langer etc retire. Until then the Aussies will win.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
England will NEVER win the ashes back (atleast not for 30 years)....the only way they might bring it back is by sending troops to Ausie and invading them or something....

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
nookie_lk said:
England will NEVER win the ashes back (atleast not for 30 years)....the only way they might bring it back is by sending troops to Ausie and invading them or something....
They should first concentrate ont he Oliviera Trophy :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
nookie_lk said:
30 years is a long time.
I'll be absolutely astounded if The Ashes don't come England's way sometime in the next 10 years - but I meant what I said next post up.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hobbsy said:
England in South Africa

Best thing that could have happened is England getting beaten in the S.A"A" game...! kick up the **** for our world class side, ready to start closing the gap with the Aussies before leap frogging into Number one spot when we win back the Ashes next summer....COME ON ENGLAND...!!
Let's wait for the D'Oliveira Trophy to be done, first, shall we?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Nah, England won't win them back.. We all say the Aussies cannot go on forever, and then they just produce someone like Clarke, hell even a jobber like Bichel set the world on fire during the world cup.. They are a different breed, and England don't have a hope.. Thats not to England's detriment, just shows how impressive the Aussies have been and will continue to be..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
People could quite easily have said that about West Indies in 1989 or so... things change in cricket and they always will... Australia cannot hold The Ashes forever - nor, indeed, I don't think, for much longer.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
People could quite easily have said that about West Indies in 1989 or so... things change in cricket and they always will... Australia cannot hold The Ashes forever - nor, indeed, I don't think, for much longer.
Well, by forever I meant a good 25-30 years...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Things these days tend to change rather faster than they did in the 70s, 80s and before.
Indeed, you can look at most periods in the 2nd half of the 20th century and a time when West Indies were not the best side was pretty rare. Australia were normally the ones who nipped in and nicked the spot.
In the next 2 or 3 years, I won't be amazed to see an everyone-can-beat-everyone situation arising.
With the obvious exceptions.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Richard said:
Things these days tend to change rather faster than they did in the 70s, 80s and before.
Indeed, you can look at most periods in the 2nd half of the 20th century and a time when West Indies were not the best side was pretty rare. Australia were normally the ones who nipped in and nicked the spot.
In the next 2 or 3 years, I won't be amazed to see an everyone-can-beat-everyone situation arising.
With the obvious exceptions.

ENGLAND CANT WIN THE ASHES....simple as that

Camel56

Banned
Richard said:
30 years is a long time.
I'll be absolutely astounded if The Ashes don't come England's way sometime in the next 10 years - but I meant what I said next post up.
For once i agree with you Richo. After the Poms toured Australia last time i said i thought they would go very close to winning next time they came down under. I stand by the prediction that they will be more than competitive but i now believe Australia will still win that series. However, i think that it is more than likely England will regain the ashes when Australia tours in the northern summer of 2008 (??).

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
yeah i agree. i doubt they can win this upcoming series, but their is team is improving and by the time they next tour aus in 2007/2008 it may be their time

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
nookie_lk said:
ENGLAND CANT WIN THE ASHES....simple as that
It is no more simple than they are still very much underdogs for the upcoming series.
Anything else is too far ahead to predict with certainty.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Camel56 said:
For once i agree with you Richo. After the Poms toured Australia last time i said i thought they would go very close to winning next time they came down under. I stand by the prediction that they will be more than competitive but i now believe Australia will still win that series. However, i think that it is more than likely England will regain the ashes when Australia tours in the northern summer of 2008 (??).
Can I just say, this is a moment I'll tell my kids about! :p