• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England ICC Squad: Opinions

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Full squad :

Nasser Hussain (Captain),Paul Collingwood, Andrew Caddick,Andrew Flintoff,Ashley Giles,Darren Gough,Matthew Hoggard,Ronnie Irani,Nick Knight,Jeremy Snape,Alec Stewart,Marcus Trescothick,Michael Vaughan, Craig White

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Whatever the squad, they are hopeless at best(IN ONEDAYERS)
Is the view nice wherever your head is? If you remember, India beat England by 2 wickets with 3 balls to spare in the final of the NatWest series, and yet (in another thread) you make India clear favourites for the World Cup, suggesting that South Africa will 'bottle it' at home, and that there are no other candidates.

Such optimism has to be admired but please, make your comments constructive.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Forget the Indian team, English onedayer team is crap, we all know that.

Any team that allows opposition to chase 325+ runs, must be really lousy!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Come on then, cleverdick warrioryohannan.

If the English one-day side is not very good (and I am not disputing that) and India only just squeezed through by the skin of their teeth (which they did) :

then India must surely be only marginally better.

Have I gone too fast for you?

Oh what's the point?

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Actually the best post was by the coach "TIM", by not entering a single name, he made it clear that weather u name 11 players or none, the ground realites doesn't change as far as English team is concerned!\

India defeated Eng even in the pool matches, remember that!!In the final they choked, atleast the upper order did and India fielded very badly.Even on such a bad day India won the match, i give all the credit for that to the English bowlers !!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
no i posted the England squad on the cricketweb frontpage & then linked it to this sub-section of the forum, nice try.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's true, Tim.

I added the side within the post because I wasn't sure that anyone ever reads the reports we put together. :D

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Lucky,
Thanks for that dear, u indeed did a great service to us by informing us about the great team, even Sir Richards would have been proud had he been a part of such a great team, though i'm not sure as to weather Viv would have found a place in the team!

Anoop

U19 12th Man
Whatever the squad, they are hopeless at best(IN ONEDAYERS)
OMG!!.. This is turning hopeless.

You had a nice spinner - Richard Dawson - in the Indian tour. What happened to him? I thought he bowled pretty well.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Forget the Indian team, English onedayer team is crap, we all know that.

Any team that allows opposition to chase 325+ runs, must be really lousy!
But what does it say about the team that allowed them to score 325 in the first place?

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
But what does it say about the team that allowed them to score 325 in the first place? [/quote]

I already answered that qs, however India still managed to chase the total.India bowled poorly, BUT not as pathetically as England did.To be Honest, India would never have won the match against another team.Therefore i give all the credits to England, indeed they are a class act :rolleyes:

The only good thing about England onedayer team is that there can't be much different opinion about the team!

[Edited on 8/8/02 by TendulkarMark2]

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
1) This thread is about England's selection for the ICC Trophy. Which for once, and I think this is a first, I am in complete agreement with.

2) The NatWest series is over, we've had the pointless debate. Stop Spouting Crap. Wait for the Trophy to be proved right, as you have been in the Tests.

Back to the Squad Now Please

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Re: Richard Dawson. He hasn't really sparkled domestically with the ball, but nor have any of Yorkshire's bowlers. Some useful contributions with the bat, though. Would still be in contention for a test series in India.