• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Man 'o' the Moment

Sudeep

International Captain
cricket player said:
one word says it all. if cricket is religion then sachin is god.

brilliant absloutely brilliant
He's God even if cricket isn't a religion.

On this occasion, I'd like to post a quote, once made by Raj Singh Dungarpur.
20% of the Indian population don't get two square meals a day, but when Sachin scores a hundred, they don't want the second meal.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
cricket player said:
one word says it all. if cricket is religion then sachin is god.

brilliant absloutely brilliant
Although it's not one word, i agree with that statement. If cricket isn't religion then i'm god.

masterblaster

International Captain
Well done to Sachin, he's been a role model to the entire nation and has done everything with the upmost class, dignity and integrity. While he may never, ever come back to his prime, I will say this with a lot of confidence, he has been the greatest batsman of the 90's and modern day cricket and the greatest India has ever produced.

Congratulations to Sachin Tendulkar, lets hope he can get one more in this series and eclipse Sunil Gavaskar.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"This century is special, because I was coming back from injury and this was a bad injury," he said. "I'm still not 100% pain-free. It was tough, I also had to play the ball and at the same time fight this pain. There are plenty of things that people don't know, I was fighting against all those things. It's never an easy task. It's been a great challenge and quite satisfying."
Sachin Tendulkar

That worries me, and makes me happy at the same time. It worries me that he is still battling pain, and I just hope he doesn't do any further damage to his injury. But then again I guess Sachin knows his arm and elbow better than I do. However, to think that he scored that great knock against Australia in the 4th test on that wicket, and this century against Bangladesh in such pain shows what a great player he really is. :)

So where are sachin's critics now??? He's still the best in the world, and definately a world 11 player.

I would say Sachin go for SIXTY!!!!!

Sehwag309

Banned
tooextracool said:
err b'desh......
Ya..he shouldn't have scored runs and wait for pak series to score a 100 right?

When u see others getting out, his batting looked better (Got 2 lives on 28 and 47 but had his share of bad luck in the past too)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vandemataram said:
So where are sachin's critics now??? He's still the best in the world, and definately a world 11 player.
No he's not on either count.

1 innings against Bangladesh doesn't counter the long run he's had of rarely getting a start.

tooextracool

International Coach
Sehwag309 said:
Ya..he shouldn't have scored runs and wait for pak series to score a 100 right?

When u see others getting out, his batting looked better (Got 2 lives on 28 and 47 but had his share of bad luck in the past too)
no i didnt say that he should have failed, im just stating the fact that the critics will still be on his tail because 1 inning against non test class opposition where he was dropped twice doesnt prove anything at all.

cricket player

International Debutant
Jono said:
"This century is special, because I was coming back from injury and this was a bad injury," he said. "I'm still not 100% pain-free. It was tough, I also had to play the ball and at the same time fight this pain. There are plenty of things that people don't know, I was fighting against all those things. It's never an easy task. It's been a great challenge and quite satisfying."
Sachin Tendulkar

That worries me, and makes me happy at the same time. It worries me that he is still battling pain, and I just hope he doesn't do any further damage to his injury. But then again I guess Sachin knows his arm and elbow better than I do. However, to think that he scored that great knock against Australia in the 4th test on that wicket, and this century against Bangladesh in such pain shows what a great player he really is. :)
that is nothing compared my inning. i had broken ankel but still manage to hit a century. it was a painfull journey but still manage to hit a centurie despite having a broken ankel. i was in a pain that even a 30 year old would have cried but still a good knock despite being injuried but it doesnt make him the world's best batsmen. :sleep: