• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Man 'o' the Moment

Sehwag309

Banned
cricket player said:
that is nothing compared my inning. i had broken ankel but still manage to hit a century. it was a painfull journey but still manage to hit a centurie despite having a broken ankel. i was in a pain that even a 30 year old would have cried but still a good knock despite being injuried but it doesnt make him the world's best batsmen. :sleep:
But you are like superman, was your innings recorded or archived anywhere?
And we don;t even know your name sir!

So whats the scorecard like

Batting
Cricket Player 401*

Jono said:
Was that really necessary?
Well i thought he was being sarcastic.

Anyway a double ton is still an achievement even while playing against team like Bangladesh as it required a lot of hard work, and concentration.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
that is nothing compared my inning. i had broken ankel but still manage to hit a century. it was a painfull journey but still manage to hit a centurie despite having a broken ankel. i was in a pain that even a 30 year old would have cried but still a good knock despite being injuried but it doesnt make him the world's best batsmen. :sleep:
What makes a 30-year-old so tough? I'm only 5 years away from that milestone and I'm still as soft as jelly.

Well done to Tendulkar - while he's been a bit scratchy of late, I'm sure this innings will give him a bit of confidence if nothing else.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
vandemataram said:
Well i thought he was being sarcastic.
Why? Because he has a Pakistani flag in his avatar?

Why can't we just appreciate great cricketers and their achievements from every country? Whether it be India, Pakistan or whatever.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because for some people India must always be better than Pakistan or vice-versa.
Mercifully, they are in the minority as far as this forum is concerned.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
WRT this innings, a 258* doesn't mean much - aside from the 2 dropped catches (evidently he played pretty well from 47 onwards) any innings against Bangladesh doesn't prove anything more than had he hit the same thing in a Ranji match.
I certainly hope it acts as an instigation of a return to form, but not until he plays (and scores against) the up-to-standard teams can we assess anything.
And I think he's quite insane to be playing if he's really still in this much pain.
Possibly the number of low scores he's had recently is partly explained by that. If you can't bat properly, you're only doing yourself harm by trying to. Not to mention the possible long-term damage.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Richard said:
I certainly hope it acts as an instigation of a return to form, but not until he plays (and scores against) the up-to-standard teams can we assess anything.
And I think he's quite insane to be playing if he's really still in this much pain.
Possibly the number of low scores he's had recently is partly explained by that. If you can't bat properly, you're only doing yourself harm by trying to. Not to mention the possible long-term damage.
If there is a permanent long term pain, do you stop playing then? Fast bowlers do carry some muscle, other pains or injuries. I am no way suggestung that you should play through a major injury.

Tendulkar has had his rest from the injury. If he feels its better to get into match practise in these 'first class' games vs Bangladesh for the future, its perfectly fine IMO.

And what do you want to assess regarding Tendulkar? Hasnt 15 years of test cricket shown you how good Tendulkar is? Or are there some question marks still?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
All the past shows is that he was a great batsman - if he continues to have the sketchy run of scores that he's had in the past 18 or so months for another 6 or 12 months, then that would suggest he's no longer the batsman he was, thus the question marks are entirely valid.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Another case of looking at the average and not it's components - I believe that in his last 28 innings (or something like that) he's failed to pass 20 in about 16 of them - care to tell us how that isn't a sketchy run then Tom?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
marc71178 said:
Another case of looking at the average and not it's components - I believe that in his last 28 innings (or something like that) he's failed to pass 20 in about 16 of them - care to tell us how that isn't a sketchy run then Tom?
If someone can score a double ton against Australia (yes we all acknowledge that they didn't have Warne and McGrath), a near double against Pakistan and a very good 50 on an extremely tough wicket against Australia, imagine what he can do when he's at his best (or just look at 2002 years ago). He only played 4 tests in 2003, and 2004 has been a lean year, there's no doubting that. But he's still a champion.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The question as to whether he's still a champion is not that clear cut by a long chalk - his form is far from good with so many failures, and if he were to continue for another 12 months in that vein, would people still call him a champion?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
The question as to whether he's still a champion is not that clear cut by a long chalk - his form is far from good with so many failures, and if he were to continue for another 12 months in that vein, would people still call him a champion?
Ya there is no doubt that he is till a champion. The doubters will be put to rest soon.

masterblaster

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Absolutely, form is temporary, class is permanent.

Plus you cannot take away all his moments of sheer genius and his glory days. I dont think people have that much of short term memory.

Sehwag309

Banned
masterblaster said:
Absolutely, form is temporary, class is permanent.

Plus you cannot take away all his moments of sheer genius and his glory days. I dont think people have that much of short term memory.
Very true

A players form is like a day of test match cricket. Its like sessions, in some spells you are on top and in some you get beaten

Sachin's career is similar to coming to play after tea, had a hard days work and trying to concentrate further.