• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Marsh to Stand down as Academy boss

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
He's decided to spend more time with his family and will leave next year.

a bid loss IMO, hope we can find someone decent to take his place

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Not a single name springs to mind

I'm not sure what the ECB will be looking for, do they want a 'high profile' candidate, or are they willing to take someone from within the domestic academy system?

I Assume the new direcetor will not take a position on the selection panel as Marsh currently does, who then takes over this position?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes, Lillee did resign from his Australian position, and he has been approached by other countries, good timing if you ask me.

Spetsnatz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
SpaceMonkey said:
Didnt Dennis Lilley quit his job at the Australian academy not long ago? :D
Lillee had a contract under the Pace Australia program as opposed to being employed by the Australian academy specifically.
In any case, I understand Lillee's role wasn't full-time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
Not a single name springs to mind
The thought that immidiately sprung to my mind was "Simon Willis".
It's possible that some may not know the name - a wicketkeeper of modest talent for Kent, who backed-up Steven Marsh for some years.
He's been coaching at Kent\Kent Academy for 4 years now and by the sounds of things he's done a very shrewd job.
Thing is, of course, Kent CCC were very proud to trumpet him as part of an "all-Kent trio" who combined the roles of Academy, First-team and Second-team coaches. That was less than 2 years ago. I don't know that he'd want to leave after such a short stint.

Craig

World Traveller
Spetsnatz said:
Lillee had a contract under the Pace Australia program as opposed to being employed by the Australian academy specifically.
In any case, I understand Lillee's role wasn't full-time.
Actually I thought that he was full time and Cricket Australia wanted to make him go part time and Lillee didn't like this and quit?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
Actually I thought that he was full time and Cricket Australia wanted to make him go part time and Lillee didn't like this and quit?
No. He was part time, but they wanted to reduce his contact days and pay.

telsor

U19 12th Man
He was working 30 days/year..the ACB wanted to cut him back to 15 days ( and reduce his daily rate ), so they could hire a full time pace coach.