• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Club System in Cricket

Anoop

U19 12th Man
Why don't we have a club system in cricket, similar to Football? Have standard leagues in each country. The clubs should not be based on domestic states, as they are now in most countries. Wouldn't it make Cricket more exciting?. Football became popular that way didn't it? Also players from lower ranked countries would get a chance to compete with the best.

Am I correct here? or am I playing too much Championship Manager? :D

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem for cricket is that its not solved over 90 minutes like soccer is & therefore crowd numbers are likely to stay away as it will take up most of the day etc.

Im sure die-hard cricket fans would plead for it, but the reality is, is that the majority would just not bother turning up.

Anoop

U19 12th Man
It would definitely work in India.

Even women's cricket matches were sold out!

Make it day-night or play only on Weekends. It could still work won't it?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Obviously for places like India & Pakistan it would work because its considered to be their #1 sport, however you have to realise that in places like Australia, NZ, England etc there are other sports which take higher interest like Rugby, AFL, Football etc and I don't think it will work for most.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Am I correct here? or am I playing too much Championship Manager? :D
It's impossible to play too much Championship Manager!

I just had my best season yet, thought I'd beaten the Roma curse in the first season till I lost 3 of the last 4 to finish 2d by a point.

Anoop

U19 12th Man
I stopped my game with CM last week. Man Utd, won championship for 5 seasons, then got bored :D

Now I play Ultimate Soccer Manager 97/98, a bit old, but good. If you want to download it tell me, I'll give you the link ;).

I managed to bring Stevenage Borough from the conference to division 1 in the fourth season.. very interesting game... obviously not as good as CM, but quite close.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Not a CM forum... you can use community.sigames.com for that thank you very much. You might end up with particularly pointless debates over Grimsby Town players though. Marc.

Anyway, there is a club system in England. Each county has an ECB Premier League with ~10 clubs in.