• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another one of the Don's Deathbed revelations!

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Richard said:
What, then, is wrong with being uncomfortable with your ***uality?
It's simply a step before being undecided, and it's something many have suffered from - Freddie Mercury, for instance.
I would suggest that there is a lot wrong with being uncomfortable with your ***uality... How can you function normally and be happy if you are uncomfortable with who you are

Camel56

Banned
Richard said:
What, then, is wrong with being uncomfortable with your ***uality?
It's simply a step before being undecided, and it's something many have suffered from - Freddie Mercury, for instance.
sorry Richo but uncomfortable has absolutely nothing to do with being undecided. I suggest you just drop the topic before you get even more out of your depth.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Camel56 said:
sorry Richo but uncomfortable has absolutely nothing to do with being undecided. I suggest you just drop the topic before you get even more out of your depth.
He is trying to dig himself out of a 50 foot hole here Camel56... Yet he continues to increase the size of the hole

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, of course, because you are oh so clued-up on the matters of ***uality, aren't you? 8-)
Let me guess: in your spare time, when you're not taking 10-2 and scoring 604* off 120 balls, you are a ***uality counsellor?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard Rash said:
I would suggest that there is a lot wrong with being uncomfortable with your ***uality... How can you function normally and be happy if you are uncomfortable with who you are
You can't - fairly obviously.

Camel56

Banned
Richard said:
Yes, of course, because you are oh so clued-up on the matters of ***uality, aren't you? 8-)
Let me guess: in your spare time, when you're not taking 10-2 and scoring 604* off 120 balls, you are a ***uality counsellor?
Nope never said i was a counsellor either. Just give it up mate, you're drowing in a pool of your own dribbling stupidity.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Camel56 said:
Nope never said i was a counsellor either. Just give it up mate, you're drowing in a pool of your own dribbling stupidity.
Keep that image in your head - you clearly need these sorts of thoughts.

Camel56

Banned
Wrong again, i dont like to see someone go down so heavily as a result of having no idea. I suggest you just stop replying. Look at how you've ruined yet another good thread.

sir middle stump

School Boy/Girl Captain
Wrong there camel .

Why dont you realise that youre the laughing stock of the forum now? Do yourself a favour and stop embarassing yourself further.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
sir middle stump said:
Wrong there camel .

Why dont you realise that youre the laughing stock of the forum now? Do yourself a favour and stop embarassing yourself further.
He would leave, but he's waiting for the next bus to Banned City.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Camel56 said:
Wrong again, i dont like to see someone go down so heavily as a result of having no idea. I suggest you just stop replying.
I suggest you stop posting, but that's unlikely too.
Look at how you've ruined yet another good thread.
Look at how I've made a laughing-stock of another pointless thread.
I'd say I've done a pretty good job, myself.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Slow Love™ said:
OK, Swervy does too. :) Nevertheless, calling everybody on the forum a b*ttf*cker seems a bit much. I'm sure if I was running around calling everybody who disagreed with me (or players I didn't like) a pillowbiter, or a poof, it'd probably not be considered very appropriate by the mods. I'm just guessing, though.
I was 99% sure I knew what it meant, I was just waiting to see if it was having any effect on anyone - going off the "if no-one understands it doesn't really matter" school of thought.

Anyway, now we've cleared that up, we'll be having no more of it.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
Look, SOC - there is a forum (well, two, really) designed for threads specifically for having a laugh or containing complete nonsense.
There is but this thread just evolved into something humorous. As you've said before, it can happen.

Well it evolved into something humorous for a bit anyway, I've just read the rest of the posts and this 'uphill gardening' thing was getting too much. The slanging match re: ***uality reminds me a bit of 5th grade.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Slow Love™ said:
IMO, this is the first post Camel/Pinkline has made that's been anywhere near interesting (to me, at least). A good point and well made. It's true that the Don was a cricketing god in terms of ability, but I don't see why we treat everything he said about the game with such absolute reverence, or why a standpoint becomes somehow more legitimate because he said it.

I wish he'd lose the tired "uphill gardening" schtick though - am I the only person on the forum that knows what this is a euphemism for?
no, i think i'm in tune with what he's talking about re: the unusual landscaping as well.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Son Of Coco said:
There is but this thread just evolved into something humourous. As you've said before, it can happen.
Read the first post.
Do you really think it was designed with serious conversation in mind?
As you say, there's nothing wrong with the odd joke comment here and there in a serious thread - but the place for stuff like this (scroll to the middle) is just where it was.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Son Of Coco said:
There is but this thread just evolved into something humorous. As you've said before, it can happen.
Personally I thought that this thread was a very humourous counter to some of the things that had been posted on here prior to it.

Son Of Coco

Richard said:
Read the first post.
Do you really think it was designed with serious conversation in mind?
As you say, there's nothing wrong with the odd joke comment here and there in a serious thread - but the place for stuff like this (scroll to the middle) is just where it was.
I think it was a sarcastic way of pointing out something that was definately related to cricket, but as I said after I posted the original reply, I think the 'uphill gardening' section of the thread is getting a bit out of hand.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I also thought it was very funny. A spot of wit and sarcasm does no harm whatsoever. Its just that everyone needs to be careful to avoid getting personal or crossing the 'unwritten laws' of decendy. I suppose because they are unwritten some are unable to stick to them :sleep: