• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another one of the Don's Deathbed revelations!

Steulen

International Regular
Richard said:
The same thing they're always thinking whenever they post the pile of rubbish that continuously trips off their keyboards.
Precisely nothing that makes any sense.
At least in this thread no-one even pretends to make sense. This thread is honest garbage, instead of garbage posing as insightful comments.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sir middle stump said:
This thread is a truckload of garbage ! what were you guys thinking ?
I think the thought may have been that you can have some fun with cricket as well as just burying yourself under the huge weight of statistics and over-opinionated tripe posing as fact that you can find in other sections. I thought it was a bit of fun really.......now Richard, about that sense of humour thing.

Oh, and in a round-about way, the first post made a strong point about taking a respected cricketers opinion as fact simply because he was good at the game.

Camel56

Banned
Richard said:
The same thing they're always thinking whenever they post the pile of rubbish that continuously trips off their keyboards.
Precisely nothing that makes any sense.
Thats the kind of comment id expect from you Richo. Unless a thread lives up to your high standard of uphill gardening then it isnt worth anything. Take your hand off it mate. LOOSER!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right. No need for the insult. Though calling Richard a person who looses may not be construed as one.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Son Of Coco said:
I think the thought may have been that you can have some fun with cricket as well as just burying yourself under the huge weight of statistics and over-opinionated tripe posing as fact that you can find in other sections. I thought it was a bit of fun really.......now Richard, about that sense of humour thing.

Oh, and in a round-about way, the first post made a strong point about taking a respected cricketers opinion as fact simply because he was good at the game.
Look, SOC - there is a forum (well, two, really) designed for threads specifically for having a laugh or containing complete nonsense.

Camel56

Banned
Richo, i made a valid point in an abstract kind of way. Accept it and get over it or just put me on ignore. Pretty simple process even for the likes of yourself.

Slow Love™

International Captain
IMO, this is the first post Camel/Pinkline has made that's been anywhere near interesting (to me, at least). A good point and well made. It's true that the Don was a cricketing god in terms of ability, but I don't see why we treat everything he said about the game with such absolute reverence, or why a standpoint becomes somehow more legitimate because he said it.

I wish he'd lose the tired "uphill gardening" schtick though - am I the only person on the forum that knows what this is a euphemism for?

Swervy

International Captain
Slow Love™ said:
IMO, this is the first post Camel/Pinkline has made that's been anywhere near interesting (to me, at least). A good point and well made. It's true that the Don was a cricketing god in terms of ability, but I don't see why we treat everything he said about the game with such absolute reverence, or why a standpoint becomes somehow more legitimate because he said it.

I wish he'd lose the tired "uphill gardening" schtick though - am I the only person on the forum that knows what this is a euphemism for?
driving up the marmite motorway????? Racing the whippet from Trap 2?????

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Slow Love™ said:

Haven't a clue and I don't really give a flying fu<k - otherwise I'd have made some attempt to work it out.
It's not exactly difficult to work-out what they said - and I believe someone else said it somewhere, too.

Camel56

Banned
Slow Love™ said:

Slow Love - im pleased you find this post interesting and agree that i have made a valid point. One point i would also like to make is that i am not the same person as Pinkline Jones. I can only aspire to be the social commentation genious that he it. Maybe in the future i will be.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Swervy said:
driving up the marmite motorway????? Racing the whippet from Trap 2?????
OK, Swervy does too. :) Nevertheless, calling everybody on the forum a b*ttf*cker seems a bit much. I'm sure if I was running around calling everybody who disagreed with me (or players I didn't like) a pillowbiter, or a poof, it'd probably not be considered very appropriate by the mods. I'm just guessing, though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Camel56 said:
Just as long as you're comfortable in your own ***uality Richo, thats all that matters. lol
Quite, thanks.
Not, of course, that there is anything wrong with not being so.

Camel56

Banned
Theres nothing wrong with being uncomfortable with your ***uality? Of course there is. If you are uncomfortable with it you should sek help to fix the problem.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Err, yes, of course you should.
Probably should ask for help if you're a homosexual too? 8-)
What rubbish.

Camel56

Banned
Why should you ask for help if you are gay? Thats their choice and who cares. My point was if you are uncomfortable with it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Some people are stupid enough to think that homosexuals need help.
Some, too, are stupid enough to think that there is something wrong with being undecided about ***uality.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What, then, is wrong with being uncomfortable with your ***uality?
It's simply a step before being undecided, and it's something many have suffered from - Freddie Mercury, for instance.

Camel56

Banned
Richard Rash said:
Undecided and Uncomfortable are two different things Richard
they certainly are richard rash but Richo there isnt smart enough to realise it. I am talking about being uncomfortable not undecided.