• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe Announce Squad For Bangladesh Tour

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nnanden said:
the only reason his stats are so bad (from your link) is because of that one bowling innings against the Windies!!
No, they're bad because he didn't bowl many good spells in that period. The West Indies innings was just an extension, not an anomaly.
Rafique is a legend, Rana and Haque look pretty good, and I seriously rate Mortaza. He generates good pace and bounce and occasionally some movement. I hope he stands up (though India are in amazing touch...).
Mortaza was looking really, really good before his injury but we've seen what that sort of thing can do to players before.
I'm going to wait and see how he bowls before assuming it hasn't taken it's toll.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
a massive zebra said:
Conveniently ignoring the New Zealand series where he was certainly back to something like his very best.
Or rather he was back home. ;)
Well done on actually noticing that, and I hope it might be the start of a revival of his fortunes.
It might, though, just be a last hurrah. Let's wait and see.