• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All-time Worst Haircuts in Cricket

All-time Worst Haircut in Cricket?

• Colin Miller

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Bob Willis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glen McGrath

• Shane Warne

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Harbhajan Singh

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Clive Lloyd

• Other

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Camel56

Banned
Nomminees:

Colin Miller - really dreadful haircut. This guy really had no idea at all. What was he thinking with all those silly colours? No further comment needed.

Bob Willis - Great bowler but when it came to hairstyles he was just uphill gardening. Granted it was the 70s but his wild and wooly almost sheeps coat look with lamb chop side burns should have been left in the "maybe" basket.

Glen McGrath - I would have love to have been this guys barber as it would have been the easiest $15 i would have ever made every time he came in. He clearly isnt a fashionable man at the best of times but his lego-man number really took the cake.

Shane Warne - The Mullet he sported in his early days really did him no favours in the style or ladies department. His ability to bowl and earn a sh*tload of cash made up for it though and he duelly saluted with a stunner of a wife prepared to put up with beer-guts and bigotry.

Harbhajan Singh - Thank god the man wears a turban because what lies underneath should make every hetrosexual male cringe. A full head of dirty brown locks flow right down to his *rse crack. Hair like this should be left to the girls and even then it should be washed once in a while.

Clive Lloyd - From one extreme to the other he simply couldnt get it right when it came to hair style. The big fella moved between the big afro made famous by just about every black man in the 70s and the short back and sides with a flat top sported by the likes of Mr T of "The A-Team" fame. Neither of these worked particularly well with Lloyds nerdy glassess and should really have been left to a smaller, more female-friendly face.

These are your finalists ladies and gentlemen. Vote away!

Last edited:

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Harbhajan Singh- I just loved the description. You are on fire Camel56 very amusing descriptions. Top work. God bless.

shaka

International Regular
I would have to say Miller for his hair, at least it stood out in a crowd of cricket players.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Camel56 said:
Harbhajan Singh - Thank god the man wears a turban because what lies underneath should make every hetrosexual male cringe. A full head of dirty brown locks flow right down to his *rse crack. Hair like this should be left to the girls and even then it should be washed once in a while.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but practising Sikhs do not cut their hair for religious reasons. Your above comment is rather insensitive and could be offensive to some people.

masterblaster

International Captain
Dasa said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but practising Sikhs do not cut their hair for religious reasons. Your above comment is rather insensitive and could be offensive to some people.
You'd be spot on correct here Dasa. Harbhajan doesn't cut his hair due to Religious reasons. Many Sikh's nowadays aren't too strict and do cut their hair and shave, but the more orthadox Sikh's aren't allowed to cut any hair that grows, and it's obvious that Harbhajan is an orthadox, practising Sikh.

I'd take back that comment Camel56.

masterblaster

International Captain
Also Sikh's generally keep their hair clean and well maintained. Harbhajan wears a turban so how in the world do you know its dirty?

It may get dirty/sweaty after bowling over after over on a hot day, but other than the cricket field, I doubt you've see Harbhajan, let alone without the turban.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well, does that mean you can insult someone's hairstyle all you like, unless its due to religious reasons? A bit hypocritical if you ask me. Insults are insults. Just because its based on religion doesn't make it any 'worse' per se. That's the problem with today's world IMO. McGrath or Clive Lloyd could feel equally insulted, regarding what Camel said.

I'd leave this mini rant at that though, since this is a cricket forum.

Camel56

Banned
masterblaster said:
Also Sikh's generally keep their hair clean and well maintained. Harbhajan wears a turban so how in the world do you know its dirty?

It may get dirty/sweaty after bowling over after over on a hot day, but other than the cricket field, I doubt you've see Harbhajan, let alone without the turban.
Wrong again masterblaster. I saw Harbhajan at a nightclub in Brisbane on their last tour of Australia and he wasnt wearing any turban.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is hard to choose between James Anderson and Ponting (India 2001). I'll give Anderson the benefit of the doubt, in that he was trying to be 'cool', but Ponting couldn't be cool if he tried.

Camel56

Banned
Pinkline Jones said:
Yes you don't have to wear a turban when singing karaoke unless you're harbouring a portfolio of mass song destruction.
Jonesy - If Indian Idol is of the same standard as the last series of Australian Idol then id give Harbhajan some sort of chance of winning. He was pumping out a pretty good rendition of Led Zepplins "Kashmire" :p

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Camel56 said:
Jonesy - If Indian Idol is of the same standard as the last series of Australian Idol then id give Harbhajan some sort of chance of winning. He was pumping out a pretty good rendition of Led Zepplins "Kashmire" :p

Kashmir perhaps?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Camel56 said:
Wrong again masterblaster. I saw Harbhajan at a nightclub in Brisbane on their last tour of Australia and he wasnt wearing any turban.
Okay guys here are the facts and they come from a sikh-namely myself.

1. Sikh religion prohibits cutting of bodily hair. I cut my hair at the age of 48 and that too after my father had passed away and I could do it without causing grave hurt to him !

2. Sikhs are reqquired by the religion to keep their hair clean and thats why they HAVE to wear a turban. In fact, it is also mandatory to have a 'kada' (small comb) on one's person all the time (strictly all the time) again for the sole purpose of keeping your hair clean. Its one of the five K's that sikhs are required to have on their person.

3. Harbhajan is NOT generally seen in public with his hair open. What is being refered to above is a visit to a night club where he went to have fun and maybe did not want to stand out as someone 'weird' as many sikh youngsters do (my sons included). He is unlikely to do (go out with his hair open and uncovered) that in his home town without being censured by family members. He has also participated in a fashion show where he had his hair loose and styled in a manner where they looked like wild locks refered to by another poster. I dont see how it can be assumed that they were dirty.

4. Yes. Most sikhs would be upset at fun poked at their hair or anything that they percieve as an insult basically aimed at their 'difference' from others. I think many people are similarly sensitive and if one is aware of its religious (or otherwise sensitive nature), it makes eminent sense to avoid such 'fun'.

Deja moo

International Captain
I've seen Harbhajans hair without the turban, and its as clean and shiny as can be.

My vote for worst hair cut goes to Dhoni.

Deja moo

International Captain
SJS said:
He has also participated in a fashion show where he had his hair loose and styled in a manner where they looked like wild locks refered to by another poster. .

Thats the incident I was referring to in my previous post. It was not "wild" by any stretch of imagination, and I have to say, looked more shiny than mine ever has been.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Thats the incident I was referring to in my previous post. It was not "wild" by any stretch of imagination, and I have to say, looked more shiny than mine ever has been.
Maybe. I did not see the show, just some pictures of it. I am assuming it might have looked a bit unruly because of the way the original poster described Harbhajan's hair.

Camel56

Banned
Yes yes thats all very well and good but this thread is a poll on what haircut in cricket is the worst. So if you people feel habhajan's hair isnt the worst then please do something constructive and vote for someone else.