• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official ** Sri Lanka in New Zealand tour

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
Ming said:
No point in having more shots if you can't select the time to use them very well. Crowe and Smith have said this about How - he's got a full range of shots, but his shot selection is very suspect.
I agree. But he is still only 23 I think. If he works on his game he could definitely score a load of runs for NZ in the next decade though.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Will Scarlet said:
Styris has only scored hundreds on flat tracks, as three to six other centuries have been scored in each match he scored one (vs SA, India, WI, and England). I think this is fairly telling of his true ability. The only time he has scored a century in a match and we won was against SA, and it was Martin who won us the game.
True, although in a NZ context I'd struggle to isolate Styris in that regard.

Of the current players, the only hundreds I can think of where there weren't 3+ in the match are Fleming's in the WI, Sinclair's in SA and Vincent's last week. Certainly not many of Astle's 10 spring to mind.

Last edited: