• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

worst fielder ever"

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
LongHopCassidy said:
Does a chat room (admittedly forum) count?
First: chat-rooms and discussion-forums are not to be confused. Chat-rooms are boring little instant-message boards where people talk about precisely nothing... and where paedophiles cash-in whenever they can. Discussion-forums are great fun where policed properly as here, and people can have largely sensible discussion on interesting topics.
Secondly: no, it doesn't count.

tooextracool

International Coach
i find it hard to believe that not one person has mentioned mark butcher, an absolute disgrace he is. hardly a game goes by without him dropping an absolute sitter. there are times when i feel like dropping him from the side for his fielding alone.

Link

State Vice-Captain
tooextracool said:
i find it hard to believe that not one person has mentioned mark butcher, an absolute disgrace he is. hardly a game goes by without him dropping an absolute sitter. there are times when i feel like dropping him from the side for his fielding alone.
you are having a laugh. All slip fielders are going to get a couple of chances a game, so they will catch some and drop some. and i have to say that ive seen every fielder drop catches. Some times i do feel like shooting Mark Butcher, but he is not in the team for his slip fielding ability. and he is obviously put their because he is the best choice within the team.

tooextracool

International Coach
Link said:
you are having a laugh. All slip fielders are going to get a couple of chances a game, so they will catch some and drop some. and i have to say that ive seen every fielder drop catches. Some times i do feel like shooting Mark Butcher, but he is not in the team for his slip fielding ability. and he is obviously put their because he is the best choice within the team.
all slip fielders get chances every game, even the average ones dont drop absolute sitters every game, which is what mark butcher does. the only reason mark butcher fields at slip is because there arent too many other slip fielders in the side, and as inconceivable as it may seem hes actually worse in other positions.

Link

State Vice-Captain
tooextracool said:
all slip fielders get chances every game, even the average ones dont drop absolute sitters every game, which is what mark butcher does. the only reason mark butcher fields at slip is because there arent too many other slip fielders in the side, and as inconceivable as it may seem hes actually worse in other positions.
Nah i cant agree with you there. I cant see why you feel the need to describe Butcher as being that bad of a fielder. He does not drop sitters every game thats exaggerated, and based on your theory of there not being any other slip fieldersin the team, if England put another fielder there wouldnt he too drop the 'sitters' too. Any way i too have a problem with Butcher lately, and that being his batting.

tooextracool

International Coach
Link said:
Nah i cant agree with you there. I cant see why you feel the need to describe Butcher as being that bad of a fielder. He does not drop sitters every game thats exaggerated,.
on average yes he does, considering that hes had games where hes dropped more than one sitter in the last 2 years.

Link said:
and based on your theory of there not being any other slip fieldersin the team, if England put another fielder there wouldnt he too drop the 'sitters' too..
why? if hes a capable slip fielder he wouldnt.

Link said:
Any way i too have a problem with Butcher lately, and that being his batting.
i dont have a problem with him being in the side. but i do wish he would improve his fielding and would go on to convert those 50s into 100s. otherwise hes been fairly consistent for england with the bat.

Link

State Vice-Captain
This is stupid, you are just trying to depict every thing i say. i dont play these silly games. I was just trying to agree to disagree. But if you persist i still think butcher is a decent slip fielder and the problem i have with his batting, is that he needs build consistancy to keep the likes of Key, Pieterson and Bell out of the side.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Good call. You know what you meant, we all know what you meant, but TEC has to have seen the blackest cat.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Good call. You know what you meant, we all know what you meant, but TEC has to have seen the blackest cat.
haha thats spot on, theres some hardcore members here... :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Son Of Coco said:
haha, I think you guys need an *official* thread too.
Disputes with tooextracool and marc (both of which have "had" threads created supposedly for this use) are at least between two relatively sensible people and cricket-related.
Any thread for the purpose you suggest would simply be filled with repetitions and monotony, and very poor attempts to manufacture mistakes.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Camel56 said:
You're full of it Richo. You talk rubbish to cover up your mistakes.
You try and manufacture non-existant mistakes to big yourself up.
You're full of more and more nonsense day after day.
I've beaten you at every turn yet you still come back for more.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
I'd agree with the first part, not with the second.
I certainly cannot think of anyone who's dropped more catches than him in the last 3 years.