• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Eng vs. SA head to head?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
I love watching him bat. Really pure and solid looking guy who I model myself on.. Its such a shame he never put the big runs up that were needed to further his career
Emphasis being on the looking.
While Ganga looks as solid as it's possible to look when he gets the shot right, on the (regular) occasions he gets the shot wrong, he looks as penetrable as anyone else.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
Emphasis being on the looking.
While Ganga looks as solid as it's possible to look when he gets the shot right, on the (regular) occasions he gets the shot wrong, he looks as penetrable as anyone else.
That's purely due shot selection though, not technique. His technique still looks inpenetrable.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Which just goes to show that shot-selection is much, much more important than technique in batting.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Agree with you there Richard - in my own game I can be thankful that that's the case. I have terrible technique and am pretty crap anyway, but luckily my shot selection is usually ok (except when it gets to the point, as it inevitably does, that my team needs to up the run rate - if I'm still in, I end up getting caught in the deep within about 4 balls of deciding to speed up the scoring!), which means I'm still able to open the batting with a mediocre degree of success.