• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest plodders in international cricket history.

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
Camel56 said:
What about Devon Malcolm? I remember that bloke was in and out of the England side. Couldnt bat at all and was a pretty ordinary bowler too.
9-57 against SA when they made the mistake of bouncing him in the head.

Explosively quick when he wanted to be, but haemorrhaged runs like there was no tomorrow.

Still, at least he actually had a neck, unlike the neckless wonder - Gladstone Small.

Others who competed despite physical impairment - Lou Vincent aka Chinchilla, Chinny Chin Chin.. weighs 75kgs - 25 of which is in his chin.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
He had one thing that no-one else in the domestic set-up had - raw pace. The "You Guys is History" 9-57 was just special, it's a shame there wasn't someone around to mentor/guide him to a consistent level of performance.

Camel56

Banned
Yes i know he took once big haul of wickets but on the whole i think he was a plodder of the highest order.

Camel56

Banned
How about Craig Matthews the guy from tasmania i think who played a few tests in the mid 80s. Pretty ordinary bowler. Plod plod he goes!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He took a 10-for at Port-Of-Spain, too.
He wasn't a one-performance wonder. Though I don't really think it would have been possible to make him much better than he was. Still, Raymond Illingworth contributed to making him worse every bit the way he helped Hick.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
He had one thing that no-one else in the domestic set-up had - raw pace.
Which kind of disguised the fact that he didn't have any of the other important assets that are more important in a good bowler.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But he was still successful at times, in spite of only having Pace and a big Heart.

Funny that...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
But he was still successful at times, in spite of only having Pace and a big Heart.

Funny that...
Bowlers are successful sometimes.
Are you seriously saying you never saw him move the ball off the seam?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Post boosting.
And making the point that it's pointless.
And answering questions asked of me.

bryce

International Regular
Richard Rash said:
Haha Richard de Groen, Matt Hart, Mark Haslam, Blair Pocock, Murphey Su'a, Justin Vaughan, Robbert Keenedy, Greg Loveridge, Kerry Walmsley
Tony Blain(wasn't that bad), Grant Bradburn, Heath Davis, Lee Germon, Mark Priest, Gary Stead

Camel56

Banned
Why would you put someone on ignore? Youd have to be an uphill gardening LOOSER in a yellow with black maltese cross clown cuit complete with frilly pom-poms to do that.

Slow Motion Sorbolene Gloves,

Remember when you're addressing Australia's Leading Social Commentator it is "Dear Mr Jones" okay got that. Good. Before you try dishing out insults may I say that your choice to have one of the world's worst entertainers in history in Punce as your avatar speaks volumes for your significant mental retardation. And only a mean spirited person of dubious taste would try making jokes alluding to the tragic Sigfried and Roy accident. Very poor form.

Richard,

Re: "What an infitessimally pointless discussion." - that would mean that the discussion is only a teeny bit pointless wouldn't it?