• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest plodders in international cricket history.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
superkingdave said:
I agree cricketplayer was such a legend, sadly he is no longer with us. Pretty sad turn of events.

http://www.ncalcricket.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1555

This is horrible news. Even in the other thread, when someone mentioned Fardin wasn't with us, I thought he meant it with respect to CW. May his soul rest in everlasting peace. And really, it won't be such a bad idea for us to carry that in our sigs. The posts in that link show how highly regarded he was. And to me, he always came across as some one with a great amount of genuine enthusiasm for the game. The fact that he still always posted and tried to improve himself here at CW inspite of so many posters picking on him showed that.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's my opinion that this thread should be closed, as some of the stuff I said to cricket player doesn't really bear reading with hindsight.
Still mean every word I said about the idiot Camel56 types, mind.

Bronte

Cricket Spectator
When I hear the word "plodder" at cricket,I think of batsmen who are painfully slow at scoring runs,and who have only a small range of strokes,and to me, the worst two I have seen in my lifetime are unquestionably,...Bill Lawry & Trevor Bailly,..they bored me to tears.

JBMAC

State Captain
How about Mark Greatbatch playing against Australia in Perth taking 462 minutes to score 146*.This was in 1989-90 series and I was there and it WAS Boring

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder how JBMAC is doing? Hasn't posted since February and I know he is of advanced years, given his first-hand knowledge of tests as far back as WW2 if not a little earlier.

Hope he's doing well.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Poor ole Richard was still struggling from the mental battering he copped even two years later. :laugh:
Haha, because someone who registers on a forum to dig posts from over 2 years ago by one member is completely alright, mentally...

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fiery's name at the top of the page! I thought for a moment he was back but then reality dawned ........ shame

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Camel's big comeback appears to have been short-lived. I'm heartbroken.