• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can someone please clarify on the rebels

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
So almost all of them have resigned and are just waiting to be reselected? So what's Sean Ervine, Andy Blignaut and Travis Friend doing? Are they going to stay in Australia or are they back in Zimbabwe already?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It appears only Gripper, Fierrera, Ewing, Coventry and Rogers will be back available for selection.

The rest are either playing in other countries or not playing at all.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ervine and Blignaut will hopefully forge careers in Australia and I certainly wouldn't bet against Ervine reprisenting them one day.

shaka

International Regular
He is still very good, but Australia would not need him. NZ would not mind him playing in NZ

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
Can Anyone Tell Me What Happened Tp Neil Jhonson
He Was A Top Player
Where Did E Go

Sudeep

International Captain
PAKMAN said:
Could Be My Key Board :d
Why capitalize the first letter of each word, and then go against doing it where required, so as to show the smiley?

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
age_master said:
he cant even make the top WA side at the moment
As has been said, Ervine is playing grade cricket for Fremantle CC in Perth. Not doing too well with the bat, but taking a few wickets. Played a couple of games for the WA second XI (vs South Australia in October, vs Victoria in November, and vs Pakistan currently) Didn't do too bad against Victoria, but against Pakistan he hasn't done much (1, DNB, 1, DNB so far).

He's still a young bloke, but who knows, could hit some form, play for WA, possibly look at Australia contract in 5-6 years time, who knows really.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
PAKMAN said:
Can Anyone Tell Me What Happened Tp Neil Jhonson
He Was A Top Player
Where Did E Go
Still playing in South Africa.
Has endured a miserable season with bat and ball in the one-dayers, so far. :(

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
Sudeep said:
Why capitalize the first letter of each word, and then go against doing it where required, so as to show the smiley?

trust me man it just happens
i just type

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We don't know - indeed have a clue - how good Australia are going to be in 6 years' time. Nor do we know that about Ervine.
IMO he's got huge potential.