• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb poster with the best understanding of the game

Slow Love™

International Captain
Thought this might be fun, even if it has the capacity to be a disaster. :)

I would do a poll but that would inevitably lead to names not being included that should be there.

First and foremost for me is SJS, who seems to have a great familiarity with the game's history, as well as a very logical mind.

Please make your own suggestions though - feel free to interpret the thread title as you see fit.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well, tough one really.

I agree with Richard on a lot of things that no-one else does, but there are some things which I think are complete rubbish....

But I'd still have to say Richard.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It might seem like sucking up, but I think you SL.

I also have a lot of respect for Andre, he should post more around here.

Deja moo

International Captain
I nominate myself.

Sometimes I amaze even myself with my stupendous knowledge of the Gentlemans game.

Last edited:

Buddhmaster

International Captain
From the regular posters SJS, but i'm sure there would be people here that know just as much, but don't say as much.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I vote for Slow Love™.. On the occasions that he deigns us with a comprehensive post relating to cricket, he writes more cogently than anyone else and thinks out his posts completely.

Bouncer

State Regular
Mods what do u say, i have gotta be among top three with the understanding part......who disagrees? :D

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
mmm too many people say such long posts around here.. i like people with cool little one liners that still say something so i can't really decide

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Slats4ever said:
mmm too many people say such long posts around here.. i like people with cool little one liners that still say something so i can't really decide
What - like me? :p

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
sjs, top_cat, slow love...are the most thoughtful, insightful posters on cricket imo...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
At the risk of sounding like a sheep I've gotta say SJS too. Clearly knows his stuff & is never condescending to oiks like me who obviously don't! :D

Honourable mentions to Lucky Eddie & Swervy, who both seem to have dropped off the radar at the mo.

I do agree with Mr C that more cricket related posts from Slow Love would be interesting. He's always good value on Off Topic.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Clearly there's a correlation between how old you are and how big your knowledge is.

Imagine how good I'll be when I'm 50 ;)

twctopcat

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Clearly there's a correlation between how old you are and how big your knowledge is.

Because as you get older you stop thinking you're a know all.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:

senile...maybe
:p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Top_Cat and SJS. SJS' knowledge is blatant, and Top_Cat's post are awesome, both regarding cricket and off topic discussions.

Sudeep

International Captain
SJS and Eddie.

Eddie's posts are classic, whereas SJS's knowledge of the name is :thumbsup: Not that Eddie is much behind.

Swervy

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
At the risk of sounding like a sheep I've gotta say SJS too. Clearly knows his stuff & is never condescending to oiks like me who obviously don't! :D

Honourable mentions to Lucky Eddie & Swervy, who both seem to have dropped off the radar at the mo.
I do agree with Mr C that more cricket related posts from Slow Love would be interesting. He's always good value on Off Topic.
why thank you fine sir!!!!