• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb poster with the best understanding of the game

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
there was fresh grass on it on day one, when australia batted. if there is no grass on the wicket at all, it'll be a complete dust bowl by day 4.
Not OOTQ in the subcontinent, not at all.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No, I meant the bounce coupled with the seam movement that is quite pronounced in the SG balls that we use in India. Plus, the extra bounce does create catching opportunities at gully and even at backward point and both of these positions are behind the wicket.

And regarding the wickets in SA and Aus, I think they have the ideal bounce, which is different from high bounce, that you find at times, in places like Perth. When you talk of wickets with the ideal bounce, like the one now in Chittagong, then yes, batting becomes easier in those tracks than the others.

tooextracool

International Coach
honestbharani said:
No, I meant the bounce coupled with the seam movement that is quite pronounced in the SG balls that we use in India. Plus, the extra bounce does create catching opportunities at gully and even at backward point and both of these positions are behind the wicket.
there is only extra bounce and movement with the new ball though, the bounce is only tennis ball bounce, it doesnt help the bowler much at all except with the new ball.

anzac

International Debutant
Richard said:
Yeah, I kinda remember you telling us the reasons for mostly talking of New Zealand. Gawd, I wasn't criticising you. :)
Nah, you have my utmost sympathies in your predicament. :( It's a real shame, I've never doubted you'd like to watch more cricket than you have the opportunity to.
'tis alright mate - wasn't taking it personally or anything like that - just bemoaning the lack of opportunity.................did manage to see a little of the 1st test RSA v ENG - well played ENG (although they almost let it slip).....

another factor is atm I don't have the time to go thru' all the threads on other series - hence contributing to the impression I'm only interested in NZL..............

Blaze

Banned
Best poster from what I have seen ( concerning cricket chat ) is probably FaaipDeOiad.. at this stage. Although I have only been round a couple of months he seems to know his stuff

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Best poster from what I have seen ( concerning cricket chat ) is probably FaaipDeOiad.. at this stage. Although I have only been round a couple of months he seems to know his stuff
Hey, thanks. :p

There's plenty of good posters here. SJS, Slow Love and Top_Cat all spring to mind. social, Jono, swervy and BoyBrumby are also posters that always seem to be on the money.

Blaze

Banned
FaaipDeOiad said:

There's plenty of good posters here. SJS, Slow Love and Top_Cat all spring to mind. social, Jono, swervy and BoyBrumby are also posters that always seem to be on the money.

Yeah I have heard about Slow Love but havent seen much of his stuff in Cricket Chat.

BoyBrumby is quality but most of the threads I have seen him post in have been in other sport threads

SJS is very good but I disagree with him about Vettori..

Then there is Richard. Richard is um well Richard is Richard and he is different and is probably proud of it..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I have been impressed with most of the posters here. Except for the obvious biased ones, I like almost all of the guys here. They all seem to know their stuff and they make good points.:)

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Just about every post by C C, Neil, BoyBrumby and, i agree with. Those who came across to me as having great knowledge and understanding of cricket are Slow Love, Mr. Mxzyptcal [sp], Neil, SJS and C C off the top of my head.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:

Hmm, what an extraordinary coincidence... all bar 2 in the late-20s\early-30s age-bracket, and 1 above it... 8-)