• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb poster with the best understanding of the game

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
honestbharani said:
I like SJS's posts. Actually, I like most of the people's posts around here, as long as they stick to cricket and don't go to "I hate X" sort of stuff. I mean, even if you don't like X as a cricketer, that doesn't mean you have to "hate" him.
Well... I could understand it if someone asked X for their autograph and he told them to f*ck off, but otherwise there is no reason to dislike any cricketer personally.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard Rash said:
The number of people who rate themselves as being 'knowledable' and having the best 'understanding' of cricket is quite laughable.
Why is it laughable?
The best cricket sages are those who don't let modesty or any form of bias get in the way of their take on the game.

PY

International Coach
I haven't been around CC for quite a while but I have noticed a few quality posters around who I try and read when I get the chance. Slow Love (TM but can't be bothered and Neil, no I don't want to know how to do it :p) always seems to know his stuff along with few of the 'older' folk who've already been mentioned ;).

I'm also impressed with the people who can manage to not overkill their point of view, they keep it fresh, concise and helpfully insightful.

The forum isn't short of a few knowledgeable folk so I'll gracefully bow out of CC on that note. :)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
I'll probably have been gunned down by Mugabwe vigilantes before then anyway...
hey man, i was just kidding...i didn't mean for you to get morbid and depressed...
:)

PY

International Coach
It's not an exclusive list. :p

On a more serious note, what do people regard as understanding of the game? I'm not too sure of what exactly is meant by it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think once you're born you're on the list. Sort of like intelligent until proven otherwise.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Does colouring-in your World map because you've finished an A-level exam too early (and presumably still got an "A" or so?) not count?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
Does colouring-in your World map because you've finished an A-level exam too early (and presumably still got an "A" or so?) not count?
I remember adding in some extra West African countries on a world map once.. With 1% awarded for each country, I finished the exam with 107%

Bouncer

State Regular
MODS it beaks my heart that i am not considered by anybody other than a Pakistani Guy :-O ....i should have stayed a quite member like i was for 2 Yrs before i signed up.... :dry: .I am out now.... :sleep: BYE CW.