Page 1 of 127 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** Pakistan in Australia Thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!

**Official** Pakistan in Australia Thread

The tour gets underway today with Pakistan playing the Western Australia 2nd XI at James oval.

Sean Ervine plays his first match in anger for W.A. and the four main players for pakistan will play. The teams are:

Pakistan
    Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Yousuf Youhana, Shoaib Akhtar, Younis Khan, Mohammed Sami, Danish Kaneria, Yasir Hameed, Imran Farhat, Kamran Akmal (wk), Mohammad Asif, Shoaib Malik.

Western Australian 2nd XI
    Adam Voges (capt), Justin Coetzee, Liam Davis, Sean Ervine, Aaron Heal, Sam Howman, Scott Meuleman, Matthew Petrie, Luke Ronchi (wk), Craig Simmons, James Sprague, Peter Worthington.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Excellent! About time Ervine got in the side.
    Hope he scores some good runs... but without making Kaneria look bad.
    Certainly hope Inzamam-Ul-Haq gets as many runs as poss and warms-up for a big Test-series, that Shoaib terrorises everyone and that Kaneria shows good spin can prosper on any wicket.
    As for the rest... not certain about them at all. Australia are one of the teams Youhana's done terribly against thus far - we'll wait and see whether that'll change. Don't rate Farhat or Younis Khan and hopefully they'll be exposed in this series. Certainly not sure about Kamran Akmal or Shoaib Malik (in Tests) either. Hameed has unquestionably got potential but he's not been so impressive recently as he was this time last year.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Spectator
    I reckon Yasir needs some good knocks before he can fit himself in that top 3 bracket for the first test.

Yasir, Farhat, Butt and Younis Khan are competing for the top 3 slots.

I think its going to be a great series. Even though Pakistan does not have the kind of experience that is required, but they certainly have a lot of ability and I am sure Australia will make plans to not let that ability come out and keep pressurizing them.

As a side remark, its nice to join this forum. Its much more 'international' than most of the others out there.

Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    The tour gets underway today with Pakistan playing the Western Australia 2nd XI at James oval.

Western Australian 2nd XI
    Adam Voges (capt), Justin Coetzee, Liam Davis, Sean Ervine, Aaron Heal, Sam Howman, Scott Meuleman, Matthew Petrie, Luke Ronchi (wk), Craig Simmons, James Sprague, Peter Worthington.
    Apart from Ervine, are there any other players of note in the WA 2nd XI? Else it should be a very easy game for Pakistan..

Is this a First-Class-game, BTW? Or is it a two-dayer?

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    Apart from Ervine, are there any other players of note in the WA 2nd XI? Else it should be a very easy game for Pakistan..
    Voges hit the quickets ever Australian one day 100 earlier this year. He looks very talented, only I don't like his tendancy to hit mainly through teh legside, this his debut season though so look out for him!

Heal looks like a good up and comer for WA, struggling to get starts ahead of Casson and Hogg though, they seem to have alot of left armers in the west!

Meuleman has has alot of potential, yet to do too much thogu hbut I think he's played an Aus A game or two. Needs to lift his FC average to 45, but he hasn't been starting enouh for WA in the FC games, which is IMO where he's best at.

Ronchi is probably teh best up and coming gloveman in the country, just needs to work on his batting a bit. He's already managed to hit 3 first class 50's including a HS of 90 in just 4 games though, also hit an OD 50 from one of his 5 innings. However Dawson is IMO the best young keeper-batsman in the country though.

Worthington is just a solid all-rounder, not going to play for Australia but he generally performs pretty well for WA every season.
    Last edited by Cloete; 30-11-2004 at 04:59 PM.
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Cricket Spectator
    Its a 3 day game...

this pakistan teams got potential. but i don't think they have enough muscle to challenge the aussies. their bowling attack depends on akthar and batting depends on yohana and inzi. hameed and butt have potential but not enough experience to face quality fast bowlers on fast pitches. I'll bet anything that most of the pakistan players will get out by edging it behind the stumps.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Excellent! About time Ervine got in the side.
    Yeah, this is something Aust_Hitman and I have agreed on. With WA's bowling in the state it's in, they need some real experience. I don't know why some players like Wates are getting a free ride in the WA side because they can bat a bit, when clearly his bowling isn't cutting it. WA's batting is fine, their bowling is worrisome however. The sooner Wates is out the better. In some ways, it's a shame that he did what he did in the ING Cup final last season, because it's extending his free run.

Anyway, as I was saying, on with Ervine!!

Cricket Spectator
    Day 1

Lunch: Western Australia Second XI 124/8

dunno who took the wickets

link: http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2...03DEC2004.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by exuberance
    Day 1

Lunch: Western Australia Second XI 124/8

dunno who took the wickets

link: http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2...03DEC2004.html
    Mohammad Sami 3/17, Shoaib Akhtar 1/22

International Debutant
    Ervine should be in the WA first X1 side.. if players like Waits and co can make it the Ervine should deffinatly be in there..

School Boy/Girl Captain from_da_lost_di's Avatar
    a all out for 158 in first innings !!

3 to sami
    1 t0 shib
    1 to kaneria
    1 to khalil
    2 to Asif

Ronchi 66, Meuleman 32;

not a bad show of bowling ..
    now lets hope that the batsmen come off good !!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    Shaun Marsh.

Page 1 of 127 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information