• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in Australia Thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The tour gets underway today with Pakistan playing the Western Australia 2nd XI at James oval.

Sean Ervine plays his first match in anger for W.A. and the four main players for pakistan will play. The teams are:

Pakistan
Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Yousuf Youhana, Shoaib Akhtar, Younis Khan, Mohammed Sami, Danish Kaneria, Yasir Hameed, Imran Farhat, Kamran Akmal (wk), Mohammad Asif, Shoaib Malik.

Western Australian 2nd XI
Adam Voges (capt), Justin Coetzee, Liam Davis, Sean Ervine, Aaron Heal, Sam Howman, Scott Meuleman, Matthew Petrie, Luke Ronchi (wk), Craig Simmons, James Sprague, Peter Worthington.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Excellent! About time Ervine got in the side.
Hope he scores some good runs... but without making Kaneria look bad.
Certainly hope Inzamam-Ul-Haq gets as many runs as poss and warms-up for a big Test-series, that Shoaib terrorises everyone and that Kaneria shows good spin can prosper on any wicket.
As for the rest... not certain about them at all. Australia are one of the teams Youhana's done terribly against thus far - we'll wait and see whether that'll change. Don't rate Farhat or Younis Khan and hopefully they'll be exposed in this series. Certainly not sure about Kamran Akmal or Shoaib Malik (in Tests) either. Hameed has unquestionably got potential but he's not been so impressive recently as he was this time last year.

exuberance

Cricket Spectator
I reckon Yasir needs some good knocks before he can fit himself in that top 3 bracket for the first test.

Yasir, Farhat, Butt and Younis Khan are competing for the top 3 slots.

I think its going to be a great series. Even though Pakistan does not have the kind of experience that is required, but they certainly have a lot of ability and I am sure Australia will make plans to not let that ability come out and keep pressurizing them.

As a side remark, its nice to join this forum. Its much more 'international' than most of the others out there.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mister Wright said:
The tour gets underway today with Pakistan playing the Western Australia 2nd XI at James oval.

Western Australian 2nd XI
Adam Voges (capt), Justin Coetzee, Liam Davis, Sean Ervine, Aaron Heal, Sam Howman, Scott Meuleman, Matthew Petrie, Luke Ronchi (wk), Craig Simmons, James Sprague, Peter Worthington.
Apart from Ervine, are there any other players of note in the WA 2nd XI? Else it should be a very easy game for Pakistan..

Cloete

International Captain
Pratyush said:
Apart from Ervine, are there any other players of note in the WA 2nd XI? Else it should be a very easy game for Pakistan..
Voges hit the quickets ever Australian one day 100 earlier this year. He looks very talented, only I don't like his tendancy to hit mainly through teh legside, this his debut season though so look out for him!

Heal looks like a good up and comer for WA, struggling to get starts ahead of Casson and Hogg though, they seem to have alot of left armers in the west!

Meuleman has has alot of potential, yet to do too much thogu hbut I think he's played an Aus A game or two. Needs to lift his FC average to 45, but he hasn't been starting enouh for WA in the FC games, which is IMO where he's best at.

Ronchi is probably teh best up and coming gloveman in the country, just needs to work on his batting a bit. He's already managed to hit 3 first class 50's including a HS of 90 in just 4 games though, also hit an OD 50 from one of his 5 innings. However Dawson is IMO the best young keeper-batsman in the country though.

Worthington is just a solid all-rounder, not going to play for Australia but he generally performs pretty well for WA every season.

Last edited:

dinu23

International Debutant
this pakistan teams got potential. but i don't think they have enough muscle to challenge the aussies. their bowling attack depends on akthar and batting depends on yohana and inzi. hameed and butt have potential but not enough experience to face quality fast bowlers on fast pitches. I'll bet anything that most of the pakistan players will get out by edging it behind the stumps.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard said:
Excellent! About time Ervine got in the side.
Yeah, this is something Aust_Hitman and I have agreed on. With WA's bowling in the state it's in, they need some real experience. I don't know why some players like Wates are getting a free ride in the WA side because they can bat a bit, when clearly his bowling isn't cutting it. WA's batting is fine, their bowling is worrisome however. The sooner Wates is out the better. In some ways, it's a shame that he did what he did in the ING Cup final last season, because it's extending his free run.

Anyway, as I was saying, on with Ervine!! :D :cool:

Eclipse

International Debutant
Ervine should be in the WA first X1 side.. if players like Waits and co can make it the Ervine should deffinatly be in there..

from_da_lost_di

School Boy/Girl Captain
a all out for 158 in first innings !!

3 to sami
1 t0 shib
1 to kaneria
1 to khalil
2 to Asif

Ronchi 66, Meuleman 32;

not a bad show of bowling ..
now lets hope that the batsmen come off good !!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a dill! Marsh is playing in the Pura Cup game, I was looking at the wrong scorecard.

Here is a report on the game so far:

Pakistan off to flying start
December 1, 2004

THE Western Australia second XI was dismissed for 158 in its first innings shortly after lunch on the opening day of its three-day tour match against Pakistan at James Oval in Perth today.

Young paceman Mohammed Sami did most of the damage for the visitors taking 3-19 while Mohammed Khalil (3-42), Mohammad Asif (2-52) and Danish Kaneria (1-13) all shared in the spoils.

Sami and Shoaib Akhtar, who bowled just five overs this morning and took one for 22, devastated the home side's top order in this morning's opening session.

The WA side was 4-18 at one stage before Luke Ronchi (66) and Scott Meuleman (32) shared a 70-run fifth wicket stand to lift its total past 100.

The match is Pakistan's first as they warm up for the three-Test series against Australia starting at the WACA next month.

WESTERN AUSTRALIA 2ND XI FIRST INNINGS
C SIMMONS c Kamran b Sami 1
S MEULEMAN c Younis b Khalil 32
L DAVIS b Sami 0
A VOGES c Kamran b Shoaib 1
S ERVINE b Sami 1
L RONCHI lbw b Asif 66
P WORTHINGTON st Kamran b Danish 9
J COETZEE c Yasir b Asif 8
A HEAL c Imran b Khalil 14
S HOWMAN b Khalil 2
M PETRIE not out 7
Sundries (4b 6lb 7nb) 17
Total 158
Fall: 1, 7, 17, 18, 88, 116, 116, 124, 151, 158
Bowling S Akhtar 5-0-22-1 (2nb), Sami 8-3-19-3 (3nb), Khalil 8-0-42-3, Asif 9-0-52-2 (2nb), Danish 4-2-13-1.
Batting time: 162 mins. Overs: 34.

From Foxsports.com.au

Linda

International Vice-Captain
For pure enjoyment, I'd love to see Brett Lee selected in our team for Perth. To see him, Akhtar and Sami battle it out on the cracks that are so big you can "park the car" in em, would be fantastic.