• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in Australia Thread

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Casson said:
Don't go digging up conspiracy theories, as they are exactly that - you can prove nothing.
All im saying it was a bit sus, steve waugh wanted to beat India in India then all of a sudden he retires- thats all :p

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
All im saying it was a bit sus, steve waugh wanted to beat India in India then all of a sudden he retires- thats all :p
And I wanted to be a policeman when I was younger. I don't want to be one now. Are you saying I can't change my mind?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Casson said:
And I wanted to be a policeman when I was younger. I don't want to be one now. Are you saying I can't change my mind?
No im not, it just seemed in a way he was forced but aye ill drop it there

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bryce said:
i think it is too close to call between,

McGrath and Kasprowicz bowling to Aussie batsman
and
Shoaib and Sami bowling to Pakistani batsman
Are you serious? McGrath/Kaspa = Shoaib/Sami? McGrath at least would have success against Aussie batsmen too (hence he's done it in domestic cricket) because he's a fantastic bowler. Shoaib is a decent bowler, but Sami is far less than either Kasprowicz or McGrath in my estimation, regardless of the opposition.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Josh said:
But, an interesting quote last night at the cricket club "It's harder to be dropped from the Aussie test team than it is to get in..."
And it's that sort of consistency of selection that makes them such a good side IMO.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I nodded off when Pakistan were 2 down

...wake up about twenty minutes later and they'd lost 5 :-O

tooextracool

International Coach
marc71178 said:
I'm talking about a simple system to greatly aid the pick-up of the inside edge that won't delay the game.
and given that this simple system produces many many errors, has people complaining about the results and has cause match changing situations, i think i wouldnt mind the odd 2 minute delay.

tooextracool

International Coach
KennyD said:
Yes Srinath I think it was, he bowled like evry ball about a meter outside off stump, and even got called for a wide a few times.
indeed, and i believe akram almost gave his wicket away to let kumble get the record. quality bowling though.
as far as pakistan is concerned, well they usually go shift between being really good and complete rubbish and today they were complete rubbish.

tooextracool

International Coach
Slow Love™ said:
Heh, yeah. If Brett Lee had been playing, this might never have happened, and McGrath could have pulled it off.
im guessing they would still go for their policy of team comes ahead of individual player right?

wahindiawah

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
4 times in the last 13 Tests they've out for sub-100.
Enough is enough, the ICC must take some action. Pakistan and Bangladesh should be deprived of test status untill these nation improve and are able to compete with other nation.
If you read the statements of Ponting and M Waugh, they are very concerned over the performance of the fourth ranked team in world.Everyone like to win but spiritless performance by the opponent put off even the victorious team.Its really a shame that in a country of 140 Million, there isn't a single batsman of world class. Farhat, Hameed, Akmal and Razzak are laughing stocks, and Inzi and Youhanna simply donn't have the courage to face the great Aussies.

Shame!

Langeveldt

Soutie
wahindiawah said:
Enough is enough, the ICC must take some action. Pakistan and Bangladesh should be deprived of test status untill these nation improve and are able to compete with other nation.
If you read the statements of Ponting and M Waugh, they are very concerned over the performance of the fourth ranked team in world.Everyone like to win but spiritless performance by the opponent put off even the victorious team.Its really a shame that in a country of 140 Million, there isn't a single batsman of world class. Farhat, Hameed, Akmal and Razzak are laughing stocks, and Inzi and Youhanna simply donn't have the courage to face the great Aussies.

Shame!
^^ Pakistan should stil be able to crush the West Indies, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.. Its not all that bad..