• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in Australia Thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
V Reddy said:
Lol :D

Is Shaun Tait in contention? He is pretty quick too and there was a lot of talk about him when India were there. So will he get in any soon?

He won't get in the test side soon, not with Kaspa bowling so well & Lee on the fringes. But maybe next season, possibly we could see him at some stage during the VB series.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Linda said:
I did say for pure enjoyment.
For the batsmen's enjoyment?
Seeing Sami battle with Lee to deliver the most poor deliveries of the match might be entertaining for some - not really for me.

howardj

International Coach
I would rather see the hapless Kiwis stay on for three more Test matches, than watch the woefully uncompetitive Pakistan get trounced. The Aussies have dealt with Akhtar and co before. And, quite frankly, their batting - on Australian pitches - will be an absolute laughing stock.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
V Reddy said:
Lol :D

Is Shaun Tait in contention? He is pretty quick too and there was a lot of talk about him when India were there. So will he get in any soon?
If he keeps going - Ashes tour for sure.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
howardj said:
I would rather see the hapless Kiwis stay on for three more Test matches, than watch the woefully uncompetitive Pakistan get trounced. The Aussies have dealt with Akhtar and co before. And, quite frankly, their batting - on Australian pitches - will be an absolute laughing stock.
Nah - I'd rather watch Pakistan - at least they have some flair. The Kiwis were just boring this time.

wahindiawah

Banned
Pak managed just 257 against WA 2nd eleven, with only Younis Khan managing respectable figures.

I think Pak batting will have to show better application against Australian national side otherwise they would struggle to get to a total of even as low as 150.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wahindiawah said:
Pak managed just 257 against WA 2nd eleven, with only Younis Khan managing respectable figures.

I think Pak batting will have to show better application against Australian national side otherwise they would struggle to get to a total of even as low as 150.
I notice that at no point when India were being beaten by Australia were you here.

And also the Pakistani members were not crowing at India.

So why do you only feel the need to come on here and have a go at Pakistan when your side is just as poor?

Craig

World Traveller
How come this isn't topped when the tour has began?

This series its self doesn't really interest me that much. 3-0 to Australia.

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
Craig said:
How come this isn't topped when the tour has began?

This series its self doesn't really interest me that much. 3-0 to Australia.
Possibly. But I think Pakistan will be more competitive than NZl.

Beleg

International Regular
Danesh Kaneria takes 7-45 as WA 2nd XI falls for 192.

Two of Pakistan's main batsmen [those who have been to OZ before] didn't bat in our first innings, I personally think the first-class match against WA will be better indicative of where Pakistan stands.

Last edited:

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Even still, 2 of your batsmen didnt play, I think its a great effort so far from our boys. None of these players are regular starters for the WA 1sts. Some havn't even played a FC game at all. Bloody top effort. Sami and Akhtar showed a good bit of pace bowling in the first session while I was there, had our boys jumping around a fair bit. Let it slip a bit when Razzaq and Asif came on.

http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/PAK_IN_AUS/SCORECARDS/PAK_WA-2ND-XI_01-03DEC2004.html

Edit: Coetzee has ripped em! 5/66 in the first, and 5/23 with Pakistan struggling at 6/44 at stumps. Will be a good first session tommorow. Youhana and Khan are at the crease, will go either way, but i'm kleaning Pakistan.

Last edited:

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
What A Terrible & Shamefull Display Off Top Order Batting By Pakistan
And Very Well Played Western Australia
Well Done

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
howardj said:
"Will" is a dangerous word in predictions.

wahindiawah

Banned
marc71178 said:
I notice that at no point when India were being beaten by Australia were you here.

And also the Pakistani members were not crowing at India.

So why do you only feel the need to come on here and have a go at Pakistan when your side is just as poor?

Thats pretty stupid! Even when India was BEATING Pakistan i wasn't here!! Simply coz i was too busy and didn't had time for CW!

And i'm not trying to degrade Pakistan, whatever i'm saying is utter truth, and the way Pakistan are batting against a weak opp0onent (44-6) is clear prrof of that!

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
ok now i call that degrading
being our rival i understand but
this is an international forum so lets just b nice to each other
and lets keep these disturbing comments till after the games
hope ud understand
thanks