• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in Australia Thread

howardj

International Coach
Linda said:
For pure enjoyment, I'd love to see Brett Lee selected in our team for Perth. To see him, Akhtar and Sami battle it out on the cracks that are so big you can "park the car" in em, would be fantastic.
In his last 10 Test Matches, Brett Lee averages 37. This is 12 runs per wicket more than any of the four other bowlers - over the same period - currently in the Australian team. Furthermore, since the middle of 2001, he averages 38. These are not the figures of a Test-class bowler.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
muhammad khalil comin out good
he has a very smooth action
just saw him in the video tape
of the pakistan a v india match
this year
where pakistan a thrashed india by chasing bout 334 odd
the boy looks good
and mayb the oz paitches will b helpfull

Shahid_afridi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
who will broadcast the series?ary?fox?sky?ten?i really need to see the series so please tell me

how many runs did salman butt make against western australia.i think sami is a real hard working bowler and wont give up so i am not surprised about hhis performance

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't believe Ervine deserves a spot in the WA team yet. He has failed in every innings he has played in, yes, including for Fremantle.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Salman Butt isn't playing in this game.

Younis Khan made 132 not out. Everyone else failed. Pakistanis are 7/235 at stumps.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Linda said:
I did say for pure enjoyment.

Lol :D

Is Shaun Tait in contention? He is pretty quick too and there was a lot of talk about him when India were there. So will he get in any soon?

exuberance

Cricket Spectator
Hope the batting improves...this was just the first match..

Tony, I cudnt help notice Lahore in your location field..
r u in lahore????

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
SirBloody Idiot said:
I don't believe Ervine deserves a spot in the WA team yet. He has failed in every innings he has played in, yes, including for Fremantle.
Not EVERY innings, hit 59 against Perth CC, but apart from that its been dribble. Has picked up a few wickets of late though.

Must admit it was great to see Luke Ronchi hit 66 from 49 balls, top notch player, easilly he is the better gloveman then Dawson, but isn't quiet as good as Dawson with the willow.

Pratyush said:
Apart from Ervine, are there any other players of note in the WA 2nd XI? Else it should be a very easy game for Pakistan..
As Cloete has mentioned above, Adam Voges hit the fastest ING Cup century (65 balls), but has failed to do a great deal since then for WA.

Scotty Meuleman is in and out of the Warriors team. Has been fairly unlucky, but really there isnt anyone that is droppable, given Shaun Marsh's new found form after going to England there isn't much of a spot for him in the FC side.

Liam Davis is a young bloke who bats at 3 for Scarborough, in some good touch of late, (78 against Rockingham Mandurah, 41 against Gosnells, 69 in one dayer vs Gosnells) He also is on the WA rookies list. I expect him to be a decent batsman in the future for WA.

Aaron Heal and Peter Worthington are both in and out of the WA team, Worthington more 'in' then Heal, But as has been mentioned above, Heal has to compete with Casson and Hoggy for the left arm spinner places. Worthington is a handy all rounder, capable of scoring some runs, and the odd wicket.

The person I most want to see do well in this match is Justin Coetzee, also plays for Scarborough, left arm pacer, and can use the bat a fair bit. His bowling hasn't been exactly on fire, (but he's still taken wickets), his batting has been pretty amazing this season (63* batting at 8, 100* batting at 9, 89 against Willeton in Colts, 52* against Freo in Colts). In the recent Cricket WA mag, they have been comparing him to Brendan Jullian, big call but he certainly looks the goods for the future (still only 21 or something) He also has a rookie contract with WA.

I'll be heading down tommorow for a little while to check it out, here's hoping for a good days play.

realcharm

Cricket Spectator
Younis Khan hits quickfire century

Wisden Cricinfo staff

December 1, 2004

Pakistanis 7 for 235 (Younis Khan 132*, Petrie 4-26) lead Western Australia 158 (Ronchi 66, Mohammad Sami 3-19, Mohammad Khalil 3-42) by 77 runs

Click here for full scorecard!!

http://pak.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/PAK_IN_AUS/SCORECARDS/PAK_WA-2ND-XI_01-03DEC2004.html

Younis Khan hit a quickfire century in the last session at the James Oval in Perth to put the Pakistanis in command against Western Australia 2nd XI on the opening day of the first match of their two-month tour of Australia. The Pakistanis finished on 235, having skittled WA for 158 ealier in the day.

During his innings, Younis hit 23 boundaries and one huge six that went into a campus of University of Western Australia next to the ground. The other Pakistanis looked less assured: three had fallen before tea, including Yousuf Youhana, who was stand-in as captain for the resting Inzamam-ul-Haq. Matthew Petrie was the pick of the WA bowlers, finishing with 4 for 26.

In the morning, Shoaib Akhtar bowled just five overs as he struggled with his run-up and later complained of blisters, but still produced some express deliveries. It was left to Mohammad Sami and Mohammad Khalil to lead the attack and they responded with three wickets apiece as WA struggled with their pace. Wicketkeeper-batsman Luke Ronchi and Scott Meulman (32) put on 70 for the fifth wicket to give the total some respectability, and Ronchi's 66 pushed it above 150.

Shoaib Akhtar spoke to reporters after the game. "We want to put up a good fight out there and give them a tough time," he said. "We won't let them have the win easily. If we can't win it, let them win it in a hard way."

Pakistan will hope to add to their 77-run lead tomorrow.

© Wisden Cricinfo Ltd

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
Shahid_afridi said:
who will broadcast the series?ary?fox?sky?ten?i really need to see the series so please tell me

how many runs did salman butt make against western australia.i think sami is a real hard working bowler and wont give up so i am not surprised about hhis performance
I THINK SKY IS SHOWIN THE SERIES

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Also interesting to note, Sean Ervine hasnt bowled.

Code:
Bowling                      O      M      R      W
Coetzee                      9      0     47      2 (2w)
Petrie                      13      8     26      4
Worthington                  7      0     40      0
Howman                       6      2     16      0
Sprague                      8      0     47      0
Heal                         7      2     33      0
Voges                        3      1     10      1
Meuleman                     1      0      9      0
Great to see Coetzee amoungst the wickets, but Petrie easilly the pick of the bowlers at this stage.

So far the WA boys arnt putting up a bad battle really, considering the opposition.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
can some one please tell me that what british time would the mtches start in aus
plz
thanx :)

wahindiawah

Banned
But the Pak bowlers did well, but their batting must now be a concern. When the openers can't give a decent start against such a weak oponent then just how well will they fare against the likes of McGrath,Jason and Warne is anyone's guess.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not a good sign for the ***** being 7-235 against the W.A. 2nd XI. I mean the first XI bowlers aren't that crash hot (unless these guys a better, which wouldn't be too tough).

Hopefully they can turn things around, at least their bowling has shown something.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Linda said:
I did say for pure enjoyment.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lee go for 200 again, at least we know the game will be competitive.

I think Cricket Australia will push for Lee's selection so the game can go 5 days.