• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Soth Africa's boring tactics

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Richard said:
However, since the Border-Gavaskar in Australia Sehwag's scorebook average has been a very poor representation of his play.
Show me instances with proof how Sehwag has not deserved the runs he has made since the Border Gavaskar trophy..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Never brought batsman, bowler etc. luck into results - almost without fail, the winner of a match will have been the better side.
So now you do look at the scorebook then?

You need to make up your mind, can't have it being luck at one point then the better side at the next.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, you cannot bring stuff in which has no relevance just because it would suit you if it did have relevance.
I can say - without any discredit - that the only thing of importance WR the match-result is the scorebook, and that there are far more important things than it when judging batsmen and bowlers.
Mercifully, there are no real stats that can sum-up fielding. Nor, however much people try, is there for wicketkeeping.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pratyush said:
Show me instances with proof how Sehwag has not deserved the runs he has made since the Border Gavaskar trophy..
I'm too tired to go and find all the scores, I can do a couple off the top of my head:
195, deserved 40-odd and no more;
309, deserved 70-odd and no more;
88, deserved 40-odd and no more
I'm almost certain there was at least one more, but equally I'd be astonished if, in all these high innings, there wasn't a genuine one or two.