• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Elton Chigumbura

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
He seems like an exciting prospect for Zimbabwean cricket - possibly the best thing to come out of the rebel exodus. He's made some quite handy scores for Zimbabwe this year and seems to be quite a belligerent hitter most of the time. Has anyone seen him bat? And if so, does he look like he has genuine potential? At the moment, he's the only thing holding my interest in watching a Zimbabwe game.

Chubb

International Regular
Chigumbura's done well, he's only 18. I've seen Stuart Matsikenyeri bat, at Taunton and he scored 66. I thought he would be a decent player but he hasn't come on at all by the looks of it. Taylor's the guy with real potential, him, Chigumbura, Taibu and Vermeulen if he gets his form back could make a decent batting unit.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Taylor is good as well. He's a real child prodigy from what I read. He's good for Zimbabwe at the moment because he gives them a solid start and he's fairly reliable.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Taylor is anything but reliable - if he doesn't get a big score, he gets nothing.
IMO the best thing to come out of the rebel rebellion is Prosper Utseya - Chigumbura looks like he's got some ability with the bat, but I don't know that there's too much to get excited about - yet, at least.
How he gets to bowl as much as he tends to is totally beyond me. Not seen many worse bowlers - in 4 years of watching international cricket.

Chubb

International Regular
Taylor is mopre reliable than the rest of them. I'd sooner have him than any other current Zimbabwean except maybe Taibu.
Utseya too has talent- you can't dispute the fact that those guys have lots of it. if they had the right structure, with players to look up to and coach them they could become a reasonable side. But what are the chances of that?

Last edited:

Eclipse

International Debutant
They have produced sevral very talented plays Vermeulen is extreamly talented alas he has a **** house techneque but guys like that could become good cricketers with proper coaching and other good players around to learn from..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Chubb said:
Taylor is mopre reliable than the rest of them. I'd sooner have him than any other current Zimbabwean except maybe Taibu.
Utseya too has talent- you can't dispute the fact that those guys have lots of it. if they had the right structure, with players to look up to and coach them they could become a reasonable side. But what are the chances of that?
Zero with Mugabe around - same way the chances of anything progressive happening in any other field in Zimbabwe are zero with him.
I'd sooner have Taibu, Vermeulen and even Ebrahim than Taylor ATM, though from what I've heard Taylor's definately got some potential.