• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, it's odd that he's gone to pieces against India so many times... nice to see him take 10 for 208 in his final 2 games... what may end-up being his final 2 games against India.

Camel56

Banned
Could i just put it on record that Warne is the greatest spin bowler ever while Murali is the greatest spin thrower ever.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not without being pilloried for being a typical ill-educated (on cricketing matters) bandwagon-jumper, no.
It has been proven quite conclusively that Muralitharan is no more of a thrower than most people and it is also true that anyone with any sense knows that there's no real difference between them as far as bowling is concerned.

Craig

World Traveller
Camel56 said:
Could i just put it on record that Warne is the greatest spin bowler ever while Murali is the greatest spin thrower ever.
According to the ICC evidence, both chuck to some degree.

Camel56

Banned
Richard said:
Not without being pilloried for being a typical ill-educated (on cricketing matters) bandwagon-jumper, no.
It has been proven quite conclusively that Muralitharan is no more of a thrower than most people and it is also true that anyone with any sense knows that there's no real difference between them as far as bowling is concerned.
Richard,
please dont be a fool. If you think Murali doesnt throw then im afraid it is you who is ill-educated on cricketing matter. Im sorry to tell you also that im no bandwagon jumper. Ive said from the moment i saw his action that Murali was a chucker.
Im afraid you're totally wrong if you think there is no real differnce between them. Every respected expert in the game believes he chucks. So dont take my word for it, have a listen to every expert who has ever commented on it.

Camel56

Banned
Craig said:
According to the ICC evidence, both chuck to some degree.
Craig,
we both know that the ICC is a joke when it comes to enforcing this law. They *****foot around the issue with a rediculous remedial process when someone has a suspect action. They are once again trying to worm around the issue with this "everyone throws" rubbish. The fact is murali clearly throws the ball because he straightens his arm a great deal when he bowls (throws). If they were serious about it, they would have taken some real action with respect to him. It is an absolute joke that a guy who flagrantly breaks the laws of the game is going to end up as the all time leading test wicket taker when he retires.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Camel56 said:
Despite scientific evidence proving otherwise. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Yes, it's odd that he's gone to pieces against India so many times... nice to see him take 10 for 208 in his final 2 games... what may end-up being his final 2 games against India.
A pity he was injured for that 4th Test IMO.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
While I'm no huge fan of Warne, he has had his share of injury problems. However, I have no sympathy due to him rubbing himself out of the game on his own accord, probably when he was in good form.

Craig

World Traveller
Mister Wright said:
While I'm no huge fan of Warne, he has had his share of injury problems. However, I have no sympathy due to him rubbing himself out of the game on his own accord, probably when he was in good form.
I don't suppose if you had your way, he would have recieved his two year ban straight away, if not longer?