• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

who is the best hitter??????

Buddhmaster

International Captain
If it's just out of those two, i'd go for Flintoff, although when on song, Afridi gives it a mighty wollup

Sudeep

International Captain
The expected names will be mentioned, but so that no one forgets there's - Chris Gayle - as well.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
masterblaster said:
Sehwag, Gilchrist, Chris Gayle, Jayasuriya, Hayden, Ganguly (against spin), Tendulkar (in his prime)
Depends on how you define a hitter ? Is it only the the sixes travel or the force of hitting.

Of those I have seen, Sobers and Richards were absolute murderers of the ball. As an old Indian journalist used to say, "The ball says, I am hit !" :)

Eclipse

International Debutant
This a very very hard question when you think about it.. some of the best hitters are not allways the type to be smashing the ball all over the place..

Of the name's mentioned above I would think Ponting when he decides to slog hit's better than most of them but he is no Sehwag or Gilly so he wont get grouped in that "aggresive hitter type catagory" same with somone like Kallis.. he tend's to be more on the deffensive side but he hit's the ball mighty well if he wants to.

I dont think guy's like Sehwag, Jaya, Ganguly and a few aother are really that great at hitting the quick bowlers.. or though they all can but they hit the vast majority of there sixes against the spinners.

Without having seen much of Flintoff I would have him right up there because he seems capable of hiting the quick bowlers back over there heads over long on and cover etc.. as well as doing it against spinners.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
symonds would be up there too. and while he is still playing ODIs, Chris Cairns. but out of the two mentioned, i'd say flintoff for his pure size helps him to hit balls more powerfully more regularly

Eclipse

International Debutant
Symond's is deffinatly up there to..

not the cleanest timer like say Gilly but he has so much power that timeing the ball perfectly is not needed.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
oram can be up there too, when he clears his hip its pretty powerful.
but out of flintoff and afridi, i would have to go for flintoff he has a lot of power

cricket player

International Debutant
from_da_lost_di said:
for me its afridi ,and inzi when in full flow !!
afridi for me aswell' sorry guys i did not mentioned lot of name's'

here is another one'

IF SHAHID AFRIDI AND ANDREW FLINTOFF FIGHT WHO WILL WIN???

Sudeep

International Captain
cricket player said:

here is another one'

As stupid as the question sounds, I'd say - Freddie. :D

Eclipse

International Debutant
I don't think Afridi.. if SRT, Kallis, Ponting had the mind set of Afridi and the recklessnes they would be just as desttructive..

People here are just mindlessly nameing all the aggressive players they know..

Sehwag309

Banned
SJS said:
What about you 309 ?? I thought ypou were the best in the business :)
I think the thread starter was looking for someone who goes kinda wild and just hits the ball very hard in addition to those effortless sixes

Sehwag IMO is not like that, his technique is very different and effective.

But it would be great to watch all of them batting in 1 team

Last edited:

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
cricket player said:

here is another one'

id go for FLintoff, unless Afridi knows some crazy Kung Fu stuff...

twctopcat

International Regular
I've seen Freddie in the act a few times and to say he is a giant on the field would be an understatement. This man doesn't even have to strike it off the middle to clean the rope. He is one of the biggest hitters ever, and i'm talking viv etc here.