• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC lifts two-match ban on Ganguly

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
biased indian said:
Did any body notice that india bowled 182 overs in the first 2 days aganist SA that is 2 moe than the req 180.so loyd did have some effect on ganguly
Yes great, but they had a team with one pace bowler in it, so 182 overs in 2 days is still pathetic.

Scallywag

Banned
biased indian said:
Did any body notice that india bowled 182 overs in the first 2 days aganist SA that is 2 moe than the req 180.so loyd did have some effect on ganguly
this might be the firt time that under ganguly india had bowled more overs than req.
You are correct biased indian.

Ganguly was warned for slow over rates and it failed to motivate Ganguly to bowl the required 90 overs in 6 hours because he offended again. Lloyd took it one step further and banned Ganguly which has had the desired effect. The backdown from the ICC has undermined Lloyds ability to take the required measures to enforce the rule required by the ICC.

I dont think Lloyd has a problem with India, India have a problem with Lloyd.
I think Lloyds actions were fair and reasonable.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Hit it on the head Liam.

With that much spin bowling then only just scraping 15 overs an hour is awful.

Especially as the SA innings lasted just over 13 hours for 190.4 overs - which is actually not even scraping 15 an hour...

Deja moo

International Captain
I dont get it...Ganguly made some valid points , there was an appeals process in place , he was found to be right....whats the fuss all about ?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Some people just love to hate Sourav. That is all. I know that he has slowed down a lot of games, but this was not one of them. I have maintained it all along and I think Lloyd over-reacted to that delay. I think you can only attribute 25% of the delay to Sourav and as such, I don't think he deserved that punishment. There have been times when he has slowed down games willingly, but most of those were before this new rule came in. I hope Sourav wakes up and does things right from now on.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hope this won't deter Referees from more bans for slow overrates.
Especially in First-Class-cricket, this is a problem that really has needed addressing for some time now. In the one-dayers, well, the only problem is keeping to TV schedules - which is, nonetheless, a very important consideration. Keep the TV guys happy, you help earn yourself a nicer deal.

JustTool

State 12th Man
This gem from the cry baby Lloyd:

While addressing an audience at the Demerara Cricket Club Ground in Guyana, the most successful West Indian captain said, “It’s obvious that this guy (Sourav Ganguly) feels he is above the game, but we have rules.

“Cricketers need to play by the rules. Discipline is very important for the game’s future. The captain is responsible for his team and their performance on the field — if you are out there and your player misbehaves you are responsible.”

Another example of how moronic Lloyd and Bucknor have been in trying to exact revenge for the WI's 1983 world cup loss to India. There was an appeals process (Hello, Lloyd - the RULES were made by the ICC regarding the appeals process so YOU are the one who is now CRYING about the rules) and Lloyd was over ruled. This, is in-fact to weed out any bias that might creep in. :blink:

If you read's Lloyd's rantings carfeully Steve Waugh would have been banned a lon time ago based on how the Aussie players 'behved' on the field. :wacko:

Lloyd's statements reek of his personal dislike for Ganguly - such a person does not deserve to be a match referee. :blink:

C_C

International Captain
scully- i suggest you dont comment on issues you know naught about. allright ?
would make you look less of a fool.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Scallywag said:
You are correct biased indian.

Ganguly was warned for slow over rates and it failed to motivate Ganguly to bowl the required 90 overs in 6 hours because he offended again. Lloyd took it one step further and banned Ganguly which has had the desired effect. The backdown from the ICC has undermined Lloyds ability to take the required measures to enforce the rule required by the ICC.

I dont think Lloyd has a problem with India, India have a problem with Lloyd.
I think Lloyds actions were fair and reasonable.
You got to be kidding me - either you are purposely looking for a reaction or you are just ignorant of the facts. See This gem from the cry baby Lloyd:

While addressing an audience at the Demerara Cricket Club Ground in Guyana, the most successful West Indian captain said, “It’s obvious that this guy (Sourav Ganguly) feels he is above the game, but we have rules.

“Cricketers need to play by the rules. Discipline is very important for the game’s future. The captain is responsible for his team and their performance on the field — if you are out there and your player misbehaves you are responsible.”

Another example of how moronic Lloyd and Bucknor have been in trying to exact revenge for the WI's 1983 world cup loss to India. There was an appeals process (Hello, Lloyd - the RULES were made by the ICC regarding the appeals process so YOU are the one who is now CRYING about the rules) and Lloyd was over ruled. This, is in-fact to weed out any bias that might creep in. :wacko:

If you read's Lloyd's rantings carfeully Steve Waugh would have been banned a lon time ago based on how the Aussie players 'behaved' on the field. :blink:

Lloyd's statements reek of his personal dislike for Ganguly - such a person does not deserve to be a match referee. :@

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
scully- i suggest you dont comment on issues you know naught about. allright ?
would make you look less of a fool.

CC if you can post comments on issues you know naught about, why do you object to others doing the same.

Plus then your not the only one looking like a fool, or are you trying to keep that title all to yourself.