• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pinkline's Best Ever World Eleven

1. Colin Cowdrey
2. Desmond Haynes
3. Gordon Greenidge
4. Douglas Bader (tlbw=tin leg before wicket)
5. Viv Richards
6. Doug Walters
7. Kerry O'Keefe (chuckle hee haw chuckle he he he chuckle)
8. Ashley Mallet
9. Bishon Bedi
10. Slashin Tendulkar
11. Fred Titmus

Camel56

Banned
Cant agree with Cowdrey being in there Jonesy. Ill consult my ratings but im pretty sure he was an uphill gardener in comparison to Haynes, Grenidge and co.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Pinkline Jones said:
1. Colin Cowdrey
2. Desmond Haynes
3. Gordon Greenidge
4. Douglas Bader (tlbw=tin leg before wicket)
5. Viv Richards
6. Doug Walters
7. Kerry O'Keefe (chuckle hee haw chuckle he he he chuckle)
8. Ashley Mallet
9. Bishon Bedi
10. Slashin Tendulkar
11. Fred Titmus
I can only hope this is a joke world XI

For if not, Id like you to meet my 2 friends dressed in white, Bob, and Ted.
They're going to take you off somewhere, where you can....relax

Camel56

Banned
Pinkline Jones said:
Well you could have a point there Camel. Please replace Cowdrey with the great Ian Redpath.
Glad you've seen sense Jonesy. If we were picking the uphill gardening IX though Cowdrey would be one of the first picked. He'd be vieing for the captancy along with Speedbump Goonzalez and Ray "Ill pull your f*ckin ears" Hadley.

Camel56

Banned
KennyD said:
I can only hope this is a joke world XI

For if not, Id like you to meet my 2 friends dressed in white, Bob, and Ted.
They're going to take you off somewhere, where you can....relax
Kenny, a bit of respect please. Thats no way to speak to Australia's (if not the world's) leading social commentator.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Camel56 said:
Kenny, a bit of respect please. Thats no way to speak to Australia's (if not the world's) leading social commentator.
Don't talk to Kenny Dawg that way! He'll pummel you. :p

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
Okay, so I'm new to CW and don't know how to start my own thread, but this seems a good one to start this in. This is my ATTACKING/BRAVADO XI. My thoughts on the extra squad members (read on) are Tendulkar, one of the great WI quicks, possibly Warney, Shahid Afridi. And definitely Agarks, just because I love him!

I love this lineup for its attacking flair. I love the bowling lineup because it could leak runs or blow a lineup apart. I have picked Cairns as the all-rounder on the same proviso, he went for a few runs, but had a Bowling SR of 52 until his last few series, but still came out with a good SR, also he has the record for test sixes. I've included Jayasuriya and Richards bowling to show their good economy rate (just in case we get absolutely slaughtered and need to tidy things up a little). Sehwag is also there for a trio of different spinners if playing on a turner (one left arm orthodox, one offspinner, and one legspinner). Lee and Waqar provide one of the most lethal combinations of pace and swing. MacGill over Warne? I know. But remember the charm of these guys is their propensity to implode as well as explode their opponents. An RPO of 3.15 and SR of 55 for a spinner was too hard to turn down. I think the batting lineup sells itself. The only anomaly, if I can call it that, is Wasim Akram, who was always attacking, always at the batsman (most international cricketers of his era say he was the hardest to face) yet had an unbelievably good (McGrath like) economy rate for such an attacking bowler. He also hit like a kicking horse. Also I liked the variety of having a left arm paceman in the attack. So all in all a pretty balanced lineup I think. Suggestions for the remainder of this squad (lets say 16 players for a worldwide tour) will be noted.

PS> Shoaib Akhtar and Muttiah Muralitharan will not be considered by this selection panel.

1.Hayden
Bat Ave: 55.45; Bat SR: 62.65

2.Jayasuriya
Bat Ave: 43.45; Bat SR: 64.56
Bowl Ave: 32.26; Bowl SR: 79.4; RPO: 2.43

3.IVA Richards
Bat Ave: 50.23; Bat SR: 68.83;
Bowl Ave: 61.23; Bowl SR: 161.3; RPO: 2.27

4.Lara
Bat Ave: 52.84; Bat SR: 59.96

5.Sehwag
Bat Ave: 54.39; Bat SR: 72.56