• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which cricket player performs/performed best under pressure?

Which batsmen performs/performed well under pressure situation?

• Inzamam Ul Haq

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Michael bevan

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Steve Waugh

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • Brian Lara

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Hansie Cronje

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Aravinda De Silva

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Stephen Fleming

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

Slow Love™

International Captain
I voted Hansie Cronje. There must have been times he was fearing for life when he screwed up a fix, but that monobrow rarely looked furrowed.

Yes, he fell to pieces afterwards (and literally too), but who wouldn't?

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
hey,
martyn doesnt make the cut. offlate only he has been delivering under pressure , but still not consistent enough.
Chanderpaul also is not consistent enough. I would say recently ramnaresh sarwan is able to soak up pressure and play well. still lot of west indies players are evolving.
Klusener is good too, but who can forget how he messed up 1999 world cup semifinals.so above players i mentioned are kinda proven performers.looks like aussies are leading.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't vote for Steve Waugh. I think his ability to play in pressure situations was over-rated. He certainly had some sublime innings under pressure, but he isn't the "bat-for-your-life" player that people made him out to be IMO.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
dude.,
gilchrist comes as opener in onedays. So i would not say that the pressure is too much for him. Moreover if he fails somebody will make up for him down the order.
In tests gilchrist has proven failures continuously in sub-continent when put under pressure.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Bevan by a a squillion miles...

Too many examples in his career to list his brilliance under supreme pressure...

C_C

International Captain
If Test cricket is the one to go by, its Inzamam.....
Steve Waugh was a bit overrated in 'pressure' scenarios........ the guy is pretty darned ordinary in the 4th match innings (when you as a batsman are facing the most pressure- chasing a target).

Eclipse

International Debutant
neutralguy said:
dude.,
gilchrist comes as opener in onedays. So i would not say that the pressure is too much for him. Moreover if he fails somebody will make up for him down the order.
In tests gilchrist has proven failures continuously in sub-continent when put under pressure.
The sub-continent is about the only place he has failed and even there he has hit two very very importaint 100s.. especialy that first one..

Just look at how often he has rescued Australia in other places and you will see what I mean.