• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Let's Hope it is permanent - Chappel dumped by Nine

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
Difficult to see what's going on, here. Speculation that this is to help with the grooming of Mark Nicholas for Benaud's job doesn't play, becaus apparently Richie has just signed for another three years with Nine. (BTW, am I the only one surprised by this? 'Cause it's seemed to me that Richie's been slipping a bit over the last couple of years...)
Richie is one of those people who will be allowed to leave on his own terms.

Can you imagine the uproar if Richie got sacked? There would be an angry mob throwing flammable jackets of the cream, the bone, the white, the off-white, the ivory or the beige variety at Channel 9 headquarters, swiftly followed by a Molotov ****tail or two.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Voltman said:
Richie is one of those people who will be allowed to leave on his own terms.

Can you imagine the uproar if Richie got sacked? There would be an angry mob throwing flammable jackets of the cream, the bone, the white, the off-white, the ivory or the beige variety thrown at Channel 9 headquarters, swiftly followed by a Molotov ****tail or two.
Haha, more 12th man!

Hows the sun tan??
Brown as a berrie richy

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Casson said:
At the moment he's commentating in India.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, that is not what I meant!

Yes I am fully aware (sp?) that he is commentating in India ATM, but if you were to get rid of Taylor, then I would rather have Michael Slater instead, when he comes back from aboard.

Maybe I will start posting in Norwegian and only one person will know what I am saying?

JustTool

State 12th Man
Retox said:
All the Aussie commentary sucks so bad.

*Clarke Edges the ball and just about gets out*
Thats how he plays.

I mean come on they always praise Aussie never the other team.
Isn't that amazing.... :wacko: And then everyone gets all worked up when I point out the hypcorisy related to the commentary, sledging and the complete crap that Gilchrist has been dishing out with his walking bs.... :blink:

Craig

World Traveller
JustTool said:
Isn't that amazing.... :wacko: And then everyone gets all worked up when I point out the hypcorisy related to the commentary, sledging and the complete crap that Gilchrist has been dishing out with his walking bs.... :blink:
So have you joined Neil's AAS (Anti-Australia Society), and pushing for the top job as well?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
So have you joined Neil's AAS (Anti-Australia Society), and pushing for the top job as well?
His membership has been refused because every entry on the application form contained the words "hypocrisy", "Gilchrist" and "Bucknor" seven times.