• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hayden - Whats going on?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, that was deliberate.
Of course, it can sound incongruous, depending on how it's read, but if you listen to it being said, can you see how it was intended?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Casson said:
So you'd prefer batsmen to fail on bowler-friendly wickets and be a flat-track bully?

It's not a matter of whether I prefer if a batsman fails on dustbowl or a road. The fact is, he did (fail), when most of the other batsman cashed in including one who hasn't scored a centur in something like 7 or 8 tests another who hasn't in 6, the woefully out of form Lehmann, even Warne got a half century.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
It's not a matter of whether I prefer if a batsman fails on dustbowl or a road. The fact is, he did (fail), when most of the other batsman cashed in including one who hasn't scored a centur in something like 7 or 8 tests another who hasn't in 6, the woefully out of form Lehmann, even Warne got a half century.
I think we're arguing two different things here. You're saying that he should cash in on a flat track (which is fair enough). I'm saying that batsmen do fail, and at least Clarke did it when it wouldn't cost Australia. I think they're both valid points.

Incidentally, Martyn also failed in the middle of a purple patch. Go jump on his back! :p

Mister Wright

Mr Casson said:
I think we're arguing two different things here. You're saying that he should cash in on a flat track (which is fair enough). I'm saying that batsmen do fail, and at least Clarke did it when it wouldn't cost Australia. I think they're both valid points.

Incidentally, Martyn also failed in the middle of a purple patch. Go jump on his back! :p

Martyn got himself out, Clarke was done by the bowler. You could argue which is worse on a flat track, their both not good. You will find that Martyn had the second worst batting average for the Australians for the series...I think the knives will be out.

Btw, not that it matters, but during the whole death-riding of Martyn I was behind him, and couldn't understand all the fuss.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't remember my stand on that whole thing. I wasn't consigning him to the scrap heap, but it was getting to the point where for most people, he couldn't go on much longer in that kind of form.

Mister Wright

Mr Casson said:
Can't remember my stand on that whole thing. I wasn't consigning him to the scrap heap, but it was getting to the point where for most people, he couldn't go on much longer in that kind of form.

He wasn't really out of form, he was contributing with starts. He also was run out by Steve Waugh a lot, lol.