• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hayden - Whats going on?

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
He's only 10 runs away for 10000 runs in a calender year for the fourth time in a row, I wouldn't call it a form slump.
Wow, he must have left Border in his wake YEARS ago! :p

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Casson said:
Wow, he must have left Border in his wake YEARS ago! :p
LOL! My figure was including net runs. He has had a lot of practice against Brett Lee and Katich this year.

Waughney

International Debutant
Well he got a 70 today, so he's still going alright.

But I guess you could again ask the question "What's going on" after him not walking after he clearly knew he was out.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
He batted strangely today, tried to be too inventive too early in his innings and got away with it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mister Wright said:
LOL! My figure was including net runs. He has had a lot of practice against Brett Lee and Katich this year.
If it's only in the 10000's then Lee can't have bowled much to him ;)

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
If it's only in the 10000's then Lee can't have bowled much to him ;)
On a serious note, Lee is purportedly bowling quite well in the nets.

Mind you, I can bowl well in the nets... Doesn't mean I can do it in the game. :D

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Mr Casson said:
On a serious note, Lee is purportedly bowling quite well in the nets.
Nah take it from me, hes notbowling that well.

I pretty much smacked him every ball for 4 and a couple of straight drives over his head for 6 when we had a net together a few days ago.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
SJS, the law of averages?? He made 70 which is a lot more than his average, so if anything the 'law of averages' is still working very much in his favour.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Law of averages certainly caught-up with Clarke in the first-innings, certainly. :)

Last edited:

Eclipse

International Debutant
Richard said:
Law of averages certainly caught-up with Clarke in the first-innings, certianly. :)
good ball as well...

do you not like him or just think he is overated ? (kinda is overated but given how much some idiots rate him it would be hard not to be)

he is a very good batsman though still developing and improving to..

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
Yeah, Clarke fails on a belter. Had to see that one coming... :p
Everyone has to fail at some point. I'm quite glad that it happened at a time when Australia were under no pressure whatsoever on a flat track.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eclipse said:
good ball as well...
Well, good over I think 'ud be more accurate - two or three that turn away followed by one that goes straight on. The arm-ball in itself wasn't especially impressive.
do you not like him or just think he is overated ? (kinda is overated but given how much some idiots rate him it would be hard not to be)

he is a very good batsman though still developing and improving to..
I don't like him - as a cricketer - because I think he is overrated. Nothing personal.
I think he is flattered by his Test-match average and I think he's played above himself in the opening part of his Test-career.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Richard said:
I don't like him - as a cricketer - because I think he is overrated. Nothing personal.
I think he is flattered by his Test-match average and I think he's played above himself in the opening part of his Test-career.
fair enough or though I dont know how you can dislike somone just for playing well...

I dont think anyone expects him to avrage in the 60's probably not even the 50s.. he's talented enough ( he has a great eye and solid techneque) but his style of play probably suites a mid 40s avrage..

Isolator

State 12th Man
With Clarke, I'll go on instinct, which tells me whatever he does otherwise, he'll always be a massive thorn in the Kiwis' flesh...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Casson said:
Everyone has to fail at some point. I'm quite glad that it happened at a time when Australia were under no pressure whatsoever on a flat track.

I look at it another way, he should have been cashing in on a flat track, not getting out cheaply, it's not like he played a poor shot like Martyn, rather the bowler was better than him.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
I look at it another way, he should have been cashing in on a flat track, not getting out cheaply, it's not like he played a poor shot like Martyn, rather the bowler was better than him.
Everyone gets out cheaply some time or another... Better it happens on a flat track.