cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 117 of 117

Thread: Bolwer rotation for tests

  1. #106
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    62,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Because I've studied writing styles and whether comparisons are accurate.
    Oh really - so something is written in the same style - doesn't mean it was written under the same guidelines.

    Back in that time was there so much scandals written about then oh wise one?

    No there wasn't because that was not the way the press worked back then, reporting was not negative.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  2. #107
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    62,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Debate is good - marc's out-of-hand dismissal is not.
    I have not dismissed it out of hand, I have pointed out the major flaws in it that mean it cannot be used as an accurate tool.

  3. #108
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    62,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    What annoys me is when a bowler gets away with going for 5-an-over because he's got 3 wickets with poor balls.
    Except of course unless the bowler's name is Gough.

  4. #109
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    What about 5 or 6 an over and taking wickets with good ball?
    That's perfectly fair enough - but I can't think of many bowlers like that. Agarkar used to be one, but his wicket-taking has dropped off recently.
    Most are like Sami and Lee and get away with bowling poorly because some of the poor balls get wickets against their name.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006


  5. #110
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Oh really - so something is written in the same style - doesn't mean it was written under the same guidelines.

    Back in that time was there so much scandals written about then oh wise one?

    No there wasn't because that was not the way the press worked back then, reporting was not negative.
    And of course you've studied the thing like I have, haven't you?
    No, you're just making assumptions, based presumably on a small amount of stuff you've learnt, and used generalisation for the rest.

  6. #111
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Except of course unless the bowler's name is Gough.
    So when did I say that about Gough, then?
    That's right - I didn't. It would, though, have been convenient for you if I had.

  7. #112
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    62,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    No, you're just making assumptions, based presumably on a small amount of stuff you've learnt, and used generalisation for the rest.
    Actually I've discussed it with a then-Jounalism student who now writes for 2 National Newspapers.

    But then again, what would he know?

  8. #113
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quite a lot, presumably.
    So when did you make this discussion, then? Before or after you had decided that my research couldn't have any meaning, because it would mean my theory on dropped catches had more base than you wanted?

  9. #114
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    62,680
    I seem to remember it was last Xmas or so - but of course, you'll no doubt still claim to be right.

  10. #115
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Coincidentally, before you'd even decided I couldn't know what I was on about.
    Even though you had no way of asking about exact stuff I had mentioned, this conversation miraculously covered it all.
    Yes, if you say so.

  11. #116
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    62,680
    I think I can remember when I see my own brother, seeing as it's only 2 or 3 times a year.

  12. #117
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Where did I say "I think you didn't see him when you said you did"?
    I said that, given that when you saw him was before I even mentioned that I'd researched the matter, you had no chance to ask him exact questions that would be neccessary.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •