• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan squad for Australia

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pakistan - Imran Farhat, Salman Butt, Yasir Hameed, Younis Khan, Inzamam-ul-Haq (captain), Yousuf Youhana, Asim Kamal, Kamran Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Shoaib Malik, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Sami, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Khalil, Rana Naved, Danish Kaneria.

Shabbir Ahmed failed a fitness test -- that's a a blow -- there's not much experience in the pace department behind Shoaib and Sami.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Who are Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Khalil? Not Rana again! Umar Gul and Shabbir Ahmed will be missed.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
Arjun said:
Who are Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Khalil? Not Rana again! Umar Gul and Shabbir Ahmed will be missed.
HOPE THEY BOTH FAST BOWLERS AND GOOD ONES
RANA IS A TOTAL DISASTER AND IS NEVER A PLEASURE TO WATCH
HIS WICKETS MOSTLY FLOOKSON BAD BALLS
AND THE OPPOSITION JUST HAMMERS HIM AROUND
IM STILL CONFUSED ABOUT THE OPENING PAIR WHO WILL IT BE

Beleg

International Regular
That's a pretty strong line-up batting wise. But I predict that Pakistan's downfall on this tour would be their bowling.

wahindiawah

Banned
Beleg said:
That's a pretty strong line-up batting wise. But I predict that Pakistan's downfall on this tour would be their bowling.

The batting lacks experiance, Butt has played just 1 test match, Farhat,Malik and Asim are relatively new and have never played in Australia before.As such the batting lineup is weak, like always.

AS for bowling, looks like after a long time Pakistan will be touring with a very weak bowling lineup.There is just one wicket taking bowler in Akhter (who has a horrible record in Aus :p ).Sami is crap & will only get thrashed (even club bowlers in India are better than Sami). Danish is promissing but will do little in Australia, as for Naveed, the least siad about him, the better.

I believe the Australia will win the test series 3-0 with big inning margins.We'll see Australia piling runs in excess of 500-600+ and Pakistan getting out for 150-175 score.

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
I believe the Australia will win the test series 3-0 with big inning margins.We'll see Australia piling runs in excess of 500-600+ and Pakistan getting out for 150-175 score.
You would be wrong then.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
We Hav A Great Batting Line Up
Yeah Bowling Is A Bit Week But
Mayb The 2 New Fast Bowlers Will Turn Out Good

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
maybe not. and if they don't i think it could be a long summer for you guys! Inzy and Yuhana gotta make a statement

from_da_lost_di

School Boy/Girl Captain
There is just one wicket taking bowler in Akhter (who has a horrible record in Aus ).

smoking some gooooooooood pot! aren't u ??
u need to share dude!! :D :D

bryce

International Regular
why didn't they give riaz afridi another go ? i think they should of picked someone like rao iftikhar aswell instead of chucking youngsters in the deep end who don't have very impressive domestic records and have high economy rates aswell, imo those bowlers are on a hiding to nothing in aussie, unless they are some of the quickest non-international bowlers in pakistan then i take everything i said back because i think pace does make alot of difference in aussie.

Beleg

International Regular
The batting lacks experiance, Butt has played just 1 test match, Farhat,Malik and Asim are relatively new and have never played in Australia before.As such the batting lineup is weak, like always.
Malik toured Australia in 1999/00, around 5 years ago. So he is okay experience wise, specially in ODI's. Farhat has been in and out from the Pakistan squad since 2001, when he made his debut in NZ, therefore he isn't a complete rookie either. The only new fish in the team are Salman Batt and Asim Kalam.

Just because a player hasn't played at a certain place doesn't make him better or worse. When we are talking about players, we talk about their potential and their performance and experience. Talent and performance at other venues is also taken into account.

And talking about experience [Which I agree can play an important role] Pakistan has Inzy, Youhana, Razzaq, Afridi and Malik who have played in Australia before, which makes it potentially five out of top seven who have had an experience of Austrlian wickets. Better and more cohesive then most touring Pakistan batting line-ups of the recent past.

after a long time Pakistan will be touring with a very weak bowling lineup.There is just one wicket taking bowler in Akhter (who has a horrible record in Aus ).Sami is crap & will only get thrashed (even club bowlers in India are better than Sami). Danish is promissing but will do little in Australia, as for Naveed, the least siad about him, the better
Akhtar does have a horrible record in Aus, but the last time he was there was in 1999 and before he attained full maturity as a bowler. Perhaps this time will be different...

As for the comments about Sami: Sami is a good, stolid workhorse. Though he is not a match-winner by any stretch of imagination, he can be an effective bowler and an ideal foil for Akhtar if he accepts his limitations and doesn't try to exceed them.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
bryce said:
why didn't they give riaz afridi another go ? i think they should of picked someone like rao iftikhar aswell instead of chucking youngsters in the deep end who don't have very impressive domestic records and have high economy rates aswell, imo those bowlers are on a hiding to nothing in aussie, unless they are some of the quickest non-international bowlers in pakistan then i take everything i said back because i think pace does make alot of difference in aussie.
has any one ever seen rao iftekhar bowl,haerd aot about him ,wats he like?

wahindiawah

Banned
I have a question for Pak fans', does anyone really think that this Pak batting lineup can score a total of 300+ in Australia in an test inning?

If their batters cannot put up 300 runs and their bowlers can't bowl Aus out for say less than 200 runs, then its very obvious that this series will be an absolute disaster for Pakistan!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
wahindiawah said:
I have a question for Pak fans', does anyone really think that this Pak batting lineup can score a total of 300+ in Australia in an test inning?

If their batters cannot put up 300 runs and their bowlers can't bowl Aus out for say less than 200 runs, then its very obvious that this series will be an absolute disaster for Pakistan!
They don't need to win every Test by 200 runs to avoid disaster. Disaster will be heavy defeats all the way along...

And yes, any side can make 300 in Australia.