Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stick this in ya pipe

Banned

Stick this in ya pipe

"The stump microphones caught the moment when McMillan turned to Gilchrist - who accepted the decision with a wry grin - and told him that "not everyone is walking Gilly ... not everyone has to walk, mate." The exchange continued and Bucknor ambled down the pitch to ensure that it didn't get out of hand. McMillan was lbw to the next ball."

Mcmillan initiated the fracus with Gilchrist after Gilly accepted the umps decision by starting on Gilly.

Apologies to Gilly wont be forthcoming but it sure makes gooses out of a lot of posters.

Banned
    And for all the sore losers that go on about how bad the Aussies are at sledging heres why they dont take their mind off the game while others are getting caught up in things other than winning the game.

Gilespie"A lot of people don't realise how much we do cop it in return from opposition teams but we don't make a song and dance about it," he continued. "We don't go and flay our arms and say we get sledged, we just get on with it."

I know most will say its bull$hit but they are the best team for some reason.

And this gem from Nathan Astle, who received a poor decision in the second innings, explained that nobody (except Fleming it would seem) had any problem with Gilchrist's policy of walking.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    haha good times!

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    Lmao have a cry why dont you..
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

C_C
    Gilespie"A lot of people don't realise how much we do cop it in return from opposition teams but we don't make a song and dance about it," he continued. "We don't go and flay our arms and say we get sledged, we just get on with it."
    Am i missing something here ?
    I wonder if anyone reminded Gillespie of his mate McGrath whinging about Harbhajan Singh sledging them the last series ?!

Last time i checked, McGrath was the FIRST player in over a year who cried to the press about getting sledged.....

PS: I dont think anyone has a problem with gilly walking or not walking. I dont think anyone would give two hoots if he tried a 100 metre dash to the dressing room the minute he nicks it or sits down cross-legged on the pitch and sips a cup of coffee while the umpire makes up his mind....
    What people MIGHT have a problem with, is Gilly trying the 'holier-than-thou' attitude and pressurising the opposition to toe his line.
    This is twice now- First against Kaif, now this...... if he is so concerned about the well being of the sport and wants people to walk, maybe he should have a chat with his aussie mates first and then try yappin at the opposition. As they say 'charity begins at home'.
    Last edited by C_C; 22-11-2004 at 05:45 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    Am i missing something here ?
    I wonder if anyone reminded Gillespie of his mate McGrath whinging about Harbhajan Singh sledging them the last series ?!

Last time i checked, McGrath was the FIRST player in over a year who cried to the press about getting sledged.....

PS: I dont think anyone has a problem with gilly walking or not walking. I dont think anyone would give two hoots if he tried a 100 metre dash to the dressing room the minute he nicks it or sits down cross-legged on the pitch and sips a cup of coffee while the umpire makes up his mind....
    What people MIGHT have a problem with, is Gilly trying the 'holier-than-thou' attitude and pressurising the opposition to toe his line.
    This is twice now- First against Kaif, now this...... if he is so concerned about the well being of the sport and wants people to walk, maybe he should have a chat with his aussie mates first and then try yappin at the opposition. As they say 'charity begins at home'.
    http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_data...3_LIVE_MR.html

Fleming even resorted to Craig McMillan's bowling for the first time in the tournament and conceding only four runs from the two overs, although he did earn a piece of tape over his mouth from umpire Peter Willey after a very talkative over bowled to Kaif.

Is this the one you mean that involved Kaif?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Brian Lara has been walking every time he nicks them for donkey's years now and he has never ever mentioned anything about it to players who don't walk in the opposition. Even Gillespie called it gamesmanship and to whoever started this thread, we are only speculating on what the stump mics recorded. It is possible that something may have been said already and not been picked up by the stump mic.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani
    Brian Lara has been walking every time he nicks them for donkey's years now and he has never ever mentioned anything about it to players who don't walk in the opposition. Even Gillespie called it gamesmanship and to whoever started this thread, we are only speculating on what the stump mics recorded. It is possible that something may have been said already and not been picked up by the stump mic.
    How do you know Lara hasnt said anything to other players he may have but it wasnt picked up on the stump mic, you know I'm getting sick of Laras holier than thou attitude.

C_C
    Is this the one you mean that involved Kaif?
    no. the nagpur test (or mumbai?) in the last AUS vs IND series....
    i meant gilly there, not fleming

C_C
    Lara aint no angel either.
    Like all walkers (Gilly included), he is a selective walker.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    no. the nagpur test (or mumbai?) in the last AUS vs IND series....
    i meant gilly there, not fleming
    It wasnt Flemming it was Mcmillan going off at Kaif for not walking. Mcmillan has a habit of telling other players how to behave as you witnessed in this test. Sort of puts a hole in your argument doesnt it.

C_C
    It wasnt Flemming it was Mcmillan going off at Kaif for not walking. Mcmillan has a habit of telling other players how to behave as you witnessed in this test. Sort of puts a hole in your argument doesnt it.
    not really.
    What applies to Gilly also applies to Macca.
    It doesnt put any holes in my argument if you quote another sample scenrio that matches my sample scenario.....

He means when Gilly said to Kaif "the whole world's watching champ" after he gloved one and didn't walk.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr.
    He means when Gilly said to Kaif "the whole world's watching champ" after he gloved one and didn't walk.
    Whats the problem with that its normal cricket talk.

C_C
    Whats the problem with that its normal cricket talk.
    like i said, if he has a problem with others not walking, he should perhaps talk to his teammates first before preaching to others.....like i said, charity begins at home.....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information