• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stick this in ya pipe

Scallywag

Banned
"The stump microphones caught the moment when McMillan turned to Gilchrist - who accepted the decision with a wry grin - and told him that "not everyone is walking Gilly ... not everyone has to walk, mate." The exchange continued and Bucknor ambled down the pitch to ensure that it didn't get out of hand. McMillan was lbw to the next ball."

Mcmillan initiated the fracus with Gilchrist after Gilly accepted the umps decision by starting on Gilly.

Apologies to Gilly wont be forthcoming but it sure makes gooses out of a lot of posters.

Scallywag

Banned
And for all the sore losers that go on about how bad the Aussies are at sledging heres why they dont take their mind off the game while others are getting caught up in things other than winning the game.

Gilespie"A lot of people don't realise how much we do cop it in return from opposition teams but we don't make a song and dance about it," he continued. "We don't go and flay our arms and say we get sledged, we just get on with it."

I know most will say its bull$hit but they are the best team for some reason.

And this gem from Nathan Astle, who received a poor decision in the second innings, explained that nobody (except Fleming it would seem) had any problem with Gilchrist's policy of walking.

C_C

International Captain
Gilespie"A lot of people don't realise how much we do cop it in return from opposition teams but we don't make a song and dance about it," he continued. "We don't go and flay our arms and say we get sledged, we just get on with it."
Am i missing something here ?
I wonder if anyone reminded Gillespie of his mate McGrath whinging about Harbhajan Singh sledging them the last series ?!

Last time i checked, McGrath was the FIRST player in over a year who cried to the press about getting sledged.....
8-)

PS: I dont think anyone has a problem with gilly walking or not walking. I dont think anyone would give two hoots if he tried a 100 metre dash to the dressing room the minute he nicks it or sits down cross-legged on the pitch and sips a cup of coffee while the umpire makes up his mind....
What people MIGHT have a problem with, is Gilly trying the 'holier-than-thou' attitude and pressurising the opposition to toe his line.
This is twice now- First against Kaif, now this...... if he is so concerned about the well being of the sport and wants people to walk, maybe he should have a chat with his aussie mates first and then try yappin at the opposition. As they say 'charity begins at home'.

Last edited:

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
Am i missing something here ?
I wonder if anyone reminded Gillespie of his mate McGrath whinging about Harbhajan Singh sledging them the last series ?!

Last time i checked, McGrath was the FIRST player in over a year who cried to the press about getting sledged.....
8-)

PS: I dont think anyone has a problem with gilly walking or not walking. I dont think anyone would give two hoots if he tried a 100 metre dash to the dressing room the minute he nicks it or sits down cross-legged on the pitch and sips a cup of coffee while the umpire makes up his mind....
What people MIGHT have a problem with, is Gilly trying the 'holier-than-thou' attitude and pressurising the opposition to toe his line.
This is twice now- First against Kaif, now this...... if he is so concerned about the well being of the sport and wants people to walk, maybe he should have a chat with his aussie mates first and then try yappin at the opposition. As they say 'charity begins at home'.
http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_dat..._NZ_WC2003_ODI-SUPSIX7_14MAR2003_LIVE_MR.html

Fleming even resorted to Craig McMillan's bowling for the first time in the tournament and conceding only four runs from the two overs, although he did earn a piece of tape over his mouth from umpire Peter Willey after a very talkative over bowled to Kaif.

Is this the one you mean that involved Kaif?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Brian Lara has been walking every time he nicks them for donkey's years now and he has never ever mentioned anything about it to players who don't walk in the opposition. Even Gillespie called it gamesmanship and to whoever started this thread, we are only speculating on what the stump mics recorded. It is possible that something may have been said already and not been picked up by the stump mic.

Scallywag

Banned
honestbharani said:
Brian Lara has been walking every time he nicks them for donkey's years now and he has never ever mentioned anything about it to players who don't walk in the opposition. Even Gillespie called it gamesmanship and to whoever started this thread, we are only speculating on what the stump mics recorded. It is possible that something may have been said already and not been picked up by the stump mic.
How do you know Lara hasnt said anything to other players he may have but it wasnt picked up on the stump mic, you know I'm getting sick of Laras holier than thou attitude.

C_C

International Captain
Is this the one you mean that involved Kaif?
no. the nagpur test (or mumbai?) in the last AUS vs IND series....
i meant gilly there, not fleming

C_C

International Captain
Lara aint no angel either.
Like all walkers (Gilly included), he is a selective walker.

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
no. the nagpur test (or mumbai?) in the last AUS vs IND series....
i meant gilly there, not fleming
It wasnt Flemming it was Mcmillan going off at Kaif for not walking. Mcmillan has a habit of telling other players how to behave as you witnessed in this test. Sort of puts a hole in your argument doesnt it.

C_C

International Captain
It wasnt Flemming it was Mcmillan going off at Kaif for not walking. Mcmillan has a habit of telling other players how to behave as you witnessed in this test. Sort of puts a hole in your argument doesnt it.
not really.
What applies to Gilly also applies to Macca.
It doesnt put any holes in my argument if you quote another sample scenrio that matches my sample scenario.....
8-)

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
He means when Gilly said to Kaif "the whole world's watching champ" after he gloved one and didn't walk.

C_C

International Captain
Whats the problem with that its normal cricket talk.
like i said, if he has a problem with others not walking, he should perhaps talk to his teammates first before preaching to others.....like i said, charity begins at home.....

C_C

International Captain
Hey scully, i wonder what you gotto say about Dizzy's comments when its WELL KNOWN that Pidge whinged to the media about harby sledging him and his team.....something you dont find ANY player to've done in the past year atleast...

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
like i said, if he has a problem with others not walking, he should perhaps talk to his teammates first before preaching to others.....like i said, charity begins at home.....
How sad are you, Gilly has stated that he has no problem with others not walking, its up to the player. He did not preach to anyone that they should walk. That has been stated many times but you keep insisting he has. Like I said before watch the cricket dont try second guess and put words into players mouths.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
while i can understand everyone's point of view here, i think that with both the kaif comment and the mcmillan incident, gilchrist has been pinged for sledging the batsman, which he has every right in the world to do, when he got a lucky decision. just because he walks doesn't mean he can't tell blokes that they were out when they are.

Scallywag

Banned
I'll let Ganguly have the last word for me.

KOLKATA, May 09: Indian captain Sourav Ganguly, looking forward to a high pitched battle against mighty Aussies on the home soil, has complimented the current Australian squad for "indulging less" in sledging while playing excellent cricket on the field.

Ganguly, who led the Indians to an impressive tour Down Under early this year, said he was "quite surprised" to see the Aussies not indulging much into sledging but focusing more on their own game.

"This Australian team is not so much into sledging like the previous ones. They play their game," the skipper said in an interview to a FM channel here.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Scallywag said:
I'll let Ganguly have the last word for me.

KOLKATA, May 09: Indian captain Sourav Ganguly, looking forward to a high pitched battle against mighty Aussies on the home soil, has complimented the current Australian squad for "indulging less" in sledging while playing excellent cricket on the field.

Ganguly, who led the Indians to an impressive tour Down Under early this year, said he was "quite surprised" to see the Aussies not indulging much into sledging but focusing more on their own game.

"This Australian team is not so much into sledging like the previous ones. They play their game," the skipper said in an interview to a FM channel here.
probably coz they had nothign to sledge about while being pasted by the indian batsmen, and the two best exponents of "mental disintegration" - mcgrath and warne - weren't playing.

and for gods sake! there's nothing wrong wtih sledging, its one of the most integral parts of the game